26: On The Full Moon

Warning! (y/n) does eat meat in this oneshot, so I apologise if you're vegan, vegetarian or pescatarian! Not only that but yet again it's a long one... I should probably stop putting length warnings up, you all know me well enough to know I get carried away easily!

Requested by: Alyssajj11

Quirk: (you guessed it) Werewolf

I was sat on my own in the playground merely watching the world go by, as I was not that sociable. Out the corner of my eye I saw a girl on the floor, crying. Three boys, although small, were attempting to tower over her intimidatingly, and I could hear them calling her mean words.

Without really thinking about it, I stood up and stomped over to the three boys. "Stop it!" I shouted at them and they turned to look at me in disgust. "I said stop it!"

"Get lost wolfy," one of the bullies said and I growled angrily. I stood in between the bullies and the girl, who looked up at me curiously.

"Leave her alone!" I shouted, evidently angry by the deep growling that was emitting from my throat. The boys flinched a little.

"Pfft, you're trying to act like a hero with such a beastly quirk?" One of the boys laughed mockingly, and once again I lost control of my quirk. Parts of my body began to transform, my hands deforming into large clawed paws and my body growing slightly bigger. The three boys looked terrified, and started to run away but my wolf tendencies took over. I chased them, raised my paw and slashed the back of one of them.

As soon as I heard him crying out in sheer pain, I looked down at my paw to see it covered in blood. Everyone around us was screaming and crying, running away as I transformed back into my human form. My slightly torn uniform had been splattered with blood, and I stood frozen, utterly horrified at myself. I tried to reach out for the boy, attempting to help him but he just screamed, obviously frightened. Everyone around us was running back into the school, screaming just as much, calling me a monster. I too began to cry, knowing they were right.

I sat up in my bed sharply, panting and sweating slightly. That was one of the many memories that liked to haunt me in my sleep. Checking the time I saw it was 06:22, so I decided to just stay awake as I'd be getting up for school soon anyway. I curled up in a ball on my bed, trying to forget about all the past horrible memories of my quirk.

My quirk is appropriately called 'werewolf', which means I have wolf-like senses; I have great senses, I can run fast, and can even transform parts or my entire body. My quirk however has a much darker side as it is both excruciatingly painful to fully transform, and it's also incredibly easy for me to loose control, particularly at night and especially on a full moon. I can usually control what percent of wolf I turn into, so I usually stop at about thirty percent where I have grown the claws and have heightened senses. Any higher than forty percent, and there's a chance that I could loose control.

It was fair to say I hated my quirk. I had been bullied because of it, and I had unintentionally caused immense physical harm to so many people. There were multiple times were I had to wash other peoples blood off of my hands, and it always caused me to have a breakdown which would sometimes result in me transforming yet again. It was a vicious cycle.

It was for this reason that I tried not to let people get close to me. I tried to distance myself from everyone, but the little girl I had saved back in junior school, Ochaco Uraraka, had somehow managed to worm her way into my life. I kept everyone else at a safe distance, never ever wanting to have to wipe anyone else's blood off of my hands.