Chapter 8

How was your mission?" I asked as I briefly hugged my father.

"Boring. I had to escort some merchant in the land of Iron." Dad responded as I entered into our shop."Your mother told me you finally started your training! I must admit, I had nearly given up on your future ninja life. But now that you're motivated, we have a lot of work to catch up!"

"We?"

"We! Us! You didn't think I wouldn't help my son get back in shape?"

I smiled at that, and turned to him, my eyes glowing with determination.

"I don't think I was ever in shape." I chuckled. "But yeah, please train me."

"That's the spirit!" My father exclaimed.

"Not now though. I'm tired and I need to rest." I quickly added. "I must study every evening as well."

"Good." he approved, proud of me. "You keep your physical training, I can teach you if you come back an hour or so befor dinner."

"Okay, thanks."

"Dinner's ready!" mom shouted from the kitchen, and we ate talking about dad's mission, mom's day at the shop, and my 'discovery' at the academy.

"So, you can sense chakra..." my dad mused.

"No, in fact, I can just tell the amount." I corrected, finishing my plate.

"Interesting... I never heard about a chakra sensor that could only tell the quantity of chakra. That's a good point for you!"

"I don't think it's very useful if I must see the guy to tell though..."

"All right, Kuro-chan, if you don't eat any more, you'll have to go study for the exam!" mom gently reminded me.

I rolled my eyes at her, and offered my help before leaving: "I can wash the dishes if you want."

"Don't worry. Just get back to work!" My mom pressed me. She was acting strange, as if... she wanted me to go to talk to dad alone. I leaved, and started to study.

As the remaining days passed before the exam, I learned a lot of things a ninja should know in the ninja world, such as stealth, evasion techniques, etc. Sometimes, we sparred, and that way I managed to finally raise my dexterity and I learned taijutsu. To increase DEX I basically had to avoid blows, or be precise, or push my speed to maximum. I pushed my body to his limits too, but it became more and more difficult to increase my physical stats. My chakra too, but it was a lot less than STR and VIT. CKRC was becoming very difficult to augment as I completely perfected the leaf exercize until I didn't have to focus on it. My INT increased a little bit too, but my WIS stagnated at 13... I hadn't understood how to raise it. I got a few quests too, like 'help mom with the tailoring', or 'beat Sasuke in a spar' (which I failed lamentably) or the most important one:

Quest: Become a genin!

Train hard and pass the graduation exam.

Completion reward: 1000 XP, Genin rank, Headband,

Completion failure: Disappointment of mom and dad

That's a lot of XP! I'm sure I could get 2 levels with this quest alone.

Finally, it was the day before the test. I sighed as I woke up.

You have slept in your bed. HP, CP & Mp fully restored and all status effects removed.

I closed the window and got up to eat breakfast. I greeted my parents when they showed up, and as I was enjoying my usual cereals, I looked at my status, quite proud of myself.