Chapter 22

The moment he bit me, pain poured into my body and I had to kneel.

Well, for a few seconds.

[Gamer's Body] nullified the pain promptly, and soon I was standing up again, looking for Orochimaru. I saw him disappearing in the forest... Well, that was clever of him because various ninjas arrived at this moment.

"Ugh...AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Sasuke screamed in agony. I [Observe]d him, and discovered the special status effect [Cursed Seal of Orochimaru] active on him. I couldn't remove it with my mind heal.

"Sasuke!" Sakura screamed.

"Where did he go!" The ANBU asked us, but I was already pointing to the direction where I saw the snake-man.

The ninjas went after him, but a Jonin remained behind.

Individualist Kenjutsu Expert

Lv 65 Hayate gekko

"Follow me."he ordered. "We're going to the tower."

"Kiba, carry Naruto. I'll carry Sasuke." I said.

Kiba did as I told him, still shaken, and soon we were jumping from branch to branch. My eyes looked at the mark on my neck, 3 black tomoes, that I was hiding with my hand. That thing... gave me +5000CP... There must be a price. Well, Sasuke suffered like hell and was screaming, but that couldn't be all. What did Orochimaru say? 'If you want to see me again...' Why would we want that? To remove the curse, or for more power, maybe? 'Let's see if you still remain calm after this...' Well, for now I was handling it well. Was this curse supposed to excite me? To make me lose my self-control? To let me be driven by my emotions?

If it was, it wasn't working on me. Sasuke, though... He might not be able to handle it.

We arrived at the tower, and we saw that the other teams were gathered there as well, except Oto of course. They evacuated everyone when my clone reported that Orochimaru was in the forest of death.

"What about the chunin exam?" I asked Hayate.

"I don't know yet. Probably reported. You genins rest here while the Hokage decides what to do."

"Ok..." I accepted. We separated from team 7 and I got into a chamber with Hinata-chan and Kiba.

"Man... That guy was a monster... What he did with his neck..." Kiba groaned. "How the hell are you able to remain calm like that all the time? It's... creepy!"

I shrugged. "It's just how I am. I'm tired, I'm going to sleep."

I needed to take care of this rapidly. I don't want anyone to find out that I had a cursed seal... Though Hinata must already know. Maybe Sasuke too... So I entered a bed and got some sleep.

When I woke up, the usual blue rectangle greeted me.

You have slept in a bed. HP, CP & MP fully restored and all status effects removed.

I opened my status window, and I indeed found out that the status effect [Curse Seal of Orochimaru] was gone.

"He's awake!"

I turned my head and looked at Kiba, Hinata-chan and Kurenai-sensei who were staring worried at me.

"Kurenai-sensei! Did they caught him?" I asked, hopeful.

"No, he got away..." She sighed.

"Damn."

"More importantly! How are you? Did you get nightmares?"

"No." I answered.

"Show me the seal Orochimaru put on you." she requested.

"What seal?" I feigned innocence. "He put a seal on me?"