Chapter 16

We returned to Konoha without more complications. While walking, I trained my True Vision, and indeed, I was able to see more things. Like, colours that never existed, or what I believe was heat, which emanated from hot things, like my teammates. I noted amusingly that when Hinata-chan is embarrassed, she actually products a lot of heat...

I also remarked that I wasn't dazzled any more when looking right at the sun. That was useful... no more sunglasses! Take that, Shino!

I had currently 225 regen MP per minute, and the skill costs 930MP per minute now that I upped it to level 7. So when I keep it active, I lose 705 MP per minute... So I can keep it on about 6 minutes. And I'll need 20 minutes to recover... I need to up the skill, along with my mental skills.

If I got a new skill when I reached 50 in WIS, it was probably safe to assume that I'll get other skills when the other stats hit 50 too... Maybe I'll even obtain another one at 100.

So when we arrived at konoha and got our pay, we separated and I found a training area to be alone, so that I could experiment in piece. First I pulled out of my inventory the book the monks gave me.

Would you like to learn the skill [Contract Elemental]? YES/NO

I pressed YES. But as expected, there were stats restrictions.

You cannot learn this skill.

Required INT: 75

Required WIS:85

This skill book must be OP to have such a high requirement... I'll need 12 more levels before being able to learn this one. I pulled it back into my inventory, there was another thing I needed to verify...

I opened my status window, and put 5 more points into INT.

Since your INT passed 50, you gained the skill [Mana Affinity].

I was right! Reaching 50 give you a free skill! That's awesome...

A strange feeling passed into me... It was like I was suddenly aware of my own mind. I could literally feel the essence of mymind...

[Mana Affinity(Passive) LVMAX]

A skill that allows the user to be more sensitive to mana and handle it better.

10% increase in MP recovery rate.

5% increase in total MP amount.

5% increase in magic attack.

5% increase in magic defense.

30% increase in related MP skill effect.

"Mana..."I mumbled. So MP was indeed Mana Points, not Mind Power. But... is it really different? Isn't mana kind of the essence of the mind? I shrugged and returned to the red panel.

When I saw the numbers, I smirked. Another OP skill... And directly max level! Let's do some maths...This changed a lot of things, like the amount of heal of my Restoration technique, which became 325 instead of 250. My chakra pool, became 5250 instead of 5000, and my regen MP was now 288,75 instead of 262,5. I didn't have any magic attacks at all at the moment, but it should come soon... And magic defense was useless. It's not like I'll encounter another magician.

I retried what I did numerous times on week-ends, use mana. Like before, I accumulated a bit in my hand, and I actually could feel the mana in it. Not like chakra, that you can feel with your body, I could sense the mana with... my brain. With a thought, I released it, and my hand ejected a blue sphere that exploded against a tree.

"Shit!" I sweared, but inside I was gloating. More than giving bonus, this skill allowed me to properly manipulate mana!

Ping!