Chapter 29

For a moment, it was quiet. I noticed my dad who had a proud expression on his face. Naruto was clearly impressed, as if he saw me in a new light. The few that had sensory skills looked at me confused as if I was an anomaly, except Hinata-chan, of course.

Their gazes... confirmed what I was already guessing: they can't sense mana, even with Dôjutsu. When I used mana from my hand to create an Instant Dimension, they saw nothing. Neither did they sense my armour that I wear constantly. Even the famous 'all seeing eye', the Byakugan, couldn't see mana flow.

The others looked confused, surprised, or disbelieving, except the Hokage, who's face didn't show anything.

Gai jumped and came to Lee, so I left them alone.

"Medic-nins!" The Jônin called and a group of ninjas in white clothes ran to them.

I jumped back to my team, as if nothing happened, but I still felt a lot of eyes on me.

"Woa Kuro, that was an amazing fight! How did you do it to avoid the last blow?" Kiba greeted.

"Magic." I grinned, and he pouted. Well, it wasn't magic, but since I used mana...

"Oh come oooon. We're teammates! And that blue armour? You can tell me right?"

"All ninjas have their own secret jutsus, don't they?" My smile widened, and I caught the Hokage observing me.

"You're not going to get anything from him Kiba." Kurenai sighed. "I tried, but he's too stubborn. I'm more curious about how you got out of this fight with just superficial wounds like that."

I put my hands on the back of my head. "My armour absorbed most of the damage. You saw it, didn't you?"

"Yes, but how did you make such an armour anyway? You can't concentrate chakra like that, it requires very high chakra control... The usual way is to transform it in earth..."

"Se. Cret." I repeated, and Kurenai sighed. "Come on, I don't ask you about your own special jutsus, so why don't you do the same?"

"I'm your sensei, Kurota. You have to tell me, I can help you improve."

I shrugged. "You can't help me with that. And I don't need help to improve anyway. Not in that domain."

I felt guilty when her expression became a little pained for a second, and Kiba was still pouting, but thankfully Hinata-chan spoke.

"K-Kurota-kun... Here..."

I turned and found her holding out a small pot.

"Huh?" 'Observe.'

Medical ointment

A special unguent that will help you heal your wounds. It is personally home-made by Hinata Hyuga.

Heals status effect 'Bleeding'. Heals status effect 'Inflammation'.

300% increase health regeneration.

"Ah... Thanks, Hinata-chan, but I don't think..."

"Just take it." Sensei cut me. It was difficult to know what she was thinking right now.

"Okay..." I nodded and took the unguent. "You're so kind, Hinata-chan." I remarked as I applied the unguent on the few wounds left, producing weird vapours.

"She's always helping others." Kiba agreed. "She gave one to me too, and even to Naruto! Can you believe it!"

I looked at the little Hyuga, who was blushing madly and playing with her fingers. 'She's really too kind.' I thought as I smiled at her.