Chapter 27

"Get down here."

Gaara had performed a sand shunshin down the hall. Of course, Hinata-chan was scared and hesitated, so I put a hand on her arm.

"Hinata... Maybe you should abandon this match." I suggested.

"What are you talking about! Go kick his ass Hinata!" Naruto shouted.

"N-Naruto-kun..."

"This guy is a psycho. He won't hesitate to kill you." I warned. "Hell, he wouldn't hesitate to kill everyone in this hall."

Hinata-chan continued to hesitate, so Hayate called her.

"Hinata Hyuga! Please come down to begin the fight!"

"Come on, you can do it!" Naruto cheered, and I glared at him.

That seemed to decide her, and she began to descend.

"Kurenai-sensei... Please intervene if things go wrong down there." I demanded, frowning.

"No need to tell me."

She finally arrived in front of Gaara.

"Begin!"

At first, no one moved. Hinata activated her byakugan, and she widened her eyes when she examined Gaara.

"That guy has a sand armour all around his skin." I informed sensei. "He probably has nothing to fear of the Jyuken style."

"But she can't do anything if she can't strike his tenketsus!" Kiba remarked, worried.

"Yes. It is certain that she will loose." I stated. "Now all that matters is how she looses."

A surprisingly large amount of sand got out of Gaara's gourd, and approached Hinata rapidly. She immediately retreated while throwing a few shurikens at the sand genin, but it was useless. Each shuriken was blocked by his sand which seemed to move automatically...

"All physical attacks are useless against him." we heard Kankuro speaking, as he made his way next to me. "Because regardless of Gaara's will, the sand becomes a shield and protects him. That's why, up to now there's never been a single person who's even put a scratch on Gaara."

"Crap." I groaned. This is worse than I thought. Taijutsu is out with Hinata's style, and she doesn't know any genjutsu or ninjutsu that would help... I'm not even sure if genjutsus work on Jinchuurikis.

At a point, Hinata ended up trapped in a corner...

'He'll kill her' I realized, feeling again the killing intent, and that's when Kurenai and Hayate decided to step in. They jumped and went as fast as possible to Hinata, but at this rate, they was going be too late...

I decided to throw a large amount of shurikens at Gaara. As the projectiles made their way to him, the sand that was going to kill Hinata retracted to protect his master. As I thought... he can't attack and protect himself at the same time with so little sand.

"I-I... lost..." Hinata muttered.

"Winner: Gaara!" Hayate called.

The sand genin glared at Hayate and Kurenai, and finally at me. I met his eyes briefly before he shunshined back to his sister.

"Welcome back, Gaara." She smirked, but he didn't paid attention. He seemed pissed that he didn't get to kill Hinata.

Me and Kiba let out a long sigh of relief as she and Kurenai returned.

"You should sit down for a moment." I advised to her, noticing the pale expression of her face. She nodded and sat against the wall behind us.

"That guy is a demon..." Kiba muttered.