chapter 12

"Well. Let's work together to find her!" I proposed to my teammates.

Hinata and Kiba nodded. "Let's go already." the Inuzuka pressed impatiently.

It took us 10 minutes to reach training ground 4. There, Kiba smelled multiples scents every where. Of course, she would have spilt her smell... and Kiba's sense or Akamaru's wasn't accurate enough to determine where exactly she was, apparantly. Hinata activated her byakugan, and after a few minutes, she found our sensei in a small forest.

'That was easy...' I thought, as we got to her. 'too easy...' I was right, because when we were halfway, Hinata remarked:

"Um... I-I see her in the... opposite direction too."

"A bunshin?" Kiba asked.

"N-No. Byakugan can d-differentiate bunshins... from t-the original."

In a flash, I saw again Naruto's clones in the forest beating up Mizuki. Those hadn't been simple bunshins... What did he called them again?

"Kage bunshin..." I muttered.

"What? Is it another type of bunshin?" Kiba questioned, forwning.

"Yeah... I don't know much about it, but it's solid clones. Maybe the byakugan can't tell the difference."

"So what do we do?" Kiba demanded.

First, I recommended:

"Hinata, you should disable your byakugan. She's trying to make you use all your chakra. She must be spamming clones somewhere to mislead us."

Hinata followed my advice and closed her eyes.

"How long can you keep your dojutsu activated?" I asked Hinata.

"Um... m-maybe 20 minutes..." she answered looking down.

"I see..." I thought for a bit, making good use of my 38 WIS. "Can you activate it just a few seconds to check sensei's clone's position, and lead us there? She can't keep using clones like that, and she'll run out of chakra eventually. Plus, one of them is real."

"Y-yes..." she agreed.

We kept searching like this, and there were mostly two to three clones at a time. We continued like that for a moment, and finally there was only one clone left.

"Finally. Let's go!" Kiba yelled excitedly at us, and we arrived at the destination, but there wasn't anything.

"Hinata?" I requested.

"Um... I-I'm sorry... I d-don't have enough c-chakra anymore." she declared looking down.

"That's okay. She was in the area..." I mused and scanned the meadow.

"Damn it. She spilt her smell here too..." Kiba gritted his teeth.

"She's probably under an invisibility genjutsu anyway." I retorted.

I began [Observe]ing each area of the field. It took me a moment, but finally, when I observed a tree on the other side of the prairie, a window told me:

[Observe]'s level is to low to get the target's information.

I smirked. "Found her!" I called Hinata who didn't know what to do and Kiba who was trying to smell our sensei at the opposite side of her.

I walked to the tree, grinning all the way. [Observe] was actually usable on invisible objects and people under genjutsu! That was certainly useful.

"You can come out sensei. We found you." I said to the tree, who didn't react. Hinata was staring the tree, confused, and Kiba was sceptical. I sighed, took out a shuriken and thrown it at the tree. Instead of getting stuck in wood, a hand appeared and caught it expertly.