Chapter 23

I gained 3 levels. How? Well, I simply decided that I needed more XP and went farm zombies in my Instant Dimensions. They didn't give a lot of XP, but at a point I had a little surprise. The zombies... began to fuse. Yes, to fuse. Into a giant zombie.

Lv34 Legion Zombie

Of course, my first reaction was to leave my Instant Dimension.

You cannot escape from this area.

I frowned. If I couldn't even escape from my own Instant Dimensions... That was probably because of that Legion Zombie. Basically, it must be some kind of boss that I needed to defeat to continue.

So, I [Observe]d him and found out that this thing had 15200 HP. That's a lot, but the description said that he is very slow and strong too. So I'll just need to kite it. In other words, hit and run with my energy bolt.

I threw one at him, and did 100 damage or so. That's... not enough, I need to fire 152 times and it consume 78 MP per shot... I needed something more powerful.

I created a clone to distract him, and tried to shape my mana to create something more penetrative.

Like a spear, for example.

Through continuous testing of condensing mana, a skill [Mana Spear] has been created.

[Mana Spear(Active) LV1 EXP:0,00% / MP: 500]

A skill that allows the user to create a spear made of mana and to throw it to his target.

Attack power depends on INT.

Range: 10m

I immediately tested the skill, and threw the spear to the giant. This time, I did about 1000 damage to the monster. So I'll have just enough mana to kill him.

I dispelled my clone, and started to throw mana spears at him. I was quite proud of my new creation, it's 10 times more powerful than a [Mana Bolt], but only 5 times more expensive.

As I threw my 8th spear at him, I Sensed Danger coming from the legion zombie. I prepared myself to jump away, and indeed, the giant broke the ground with his hands and threw me a giant boulder. I dodged easily, of course, and finished it with a critical strike.

Your level has increased by 2!

You've defeated the boss monster Legion Zombie

You've received the title Zombie Slayer

[Zombie Slayer]

Obtained by killing the boss monster Legion Zombie.

50% increase damage when fighting undeads.

50% increase in defense when fighting undeads.

All stats +10 when fighting undeads.

My first title! Pretty overpowered when I'm hunting zombies... I wonder if there are other ways to gain titles...

I closed the windows, and I prepared to leave the Instant Dimension, but I noticed some things lying on the ground.

The Legion Zombie had dropped items! There were money, 5 red bottles and a soul stone bigger than average.

I first took the money. 200000 ryos! Is it real money? How could my ability do this kind of thing? As usual, I shrugged and didn't question the weird things my ability could do and put the money in my inventory. I wasn't surprised any more, and I had a little idea of what those bottles could be...

"Observe."

[Low grade Recovery Potion – Rank: Normal]

A low-middle grade recovery potion that instantly recovers 200HP.