Chapter 25

Dad?" Kiba repeated, turning to me.

"I'm one of the chunin affected to greet the exam takers here!" my father told him. "Congratulations, all of you three pass!"

Me and my team grinned.

"Hell yeah!" Kiba shouted. "I had enough of those swamps!"

"Bark!" Akamaru agreed.

"We could have arrived earlier," I smirked at my father, "but we came across two teams that had the same scroll as us."

"As expected of you, son!" Dad laughed and ruffled my hair. "But don't get cocky, there's still the third task!"

I chuckled a little at that, and I was going to reply but I was interrupted by another explosion.

Poof!

Team 10 had opened their scrolls, and Iruka had appeared.

"Hey! Long time no see!" he saluted everyone. "How come you six arrived together?"

"We trade scrolls, since we each had 2 of the same type. After that, we decided to work together to come here." Shikamaru answered lazily.

"I see... That's clever indeed." Iruka approved. "Well, since you're early, you'll have to wait three more days for the task to end. Until then, you'll live in the building's rooms here."

"So what would you have done if we had opened the scrolls in the forest?" Ino asked curiously.

"We would have beat you up!" My dad declared.

"To be exact, you would have been put in a condition of unconsciousness for the remainder of the test period. Those were our orders." Iruka clarified.

"I see." I said simply. I was a bit surprised, as I doubted Iruka's capabilities to knock me out, but I remained silent. He had to be a chuunin for something after all.

"The third task will be tough, don't push yourself too hard..." Iruka added.

"What are you saying!" Dad shouted, clapping his hand on the back of Iruka. "The third task is perfect to test their skills!"

"What is it?" Kiba demanded curiously.

"The Hokage will tell you at the end of the second task." My father smiled. "You should..."

Poof!

A cloud of smoke exploded and he disappeared.

"What the hell? What happened to him?" Kiba wondered, turning to me, and I shrugged.

"Someone probably tried to open a scroll, and Fusoku-san was summoned in an other place." Iruka explained. "Well, you should pick a room now. I'll lead you there."

We followed him in a corridor and soon we found our rooms.

"I'll leave you now. I must remain ready to greet the others." Iruka told us and retired.

The rooms were pretty simple, with 3 beds each and a little table.

"I'm going to sleep..." Shikamaru sighed, and he and his teammates went in their room and closed their door.

"I'm going to rest too." Kiba said, and Hinata-chan nodded as well.

"I'm going to train a bit before. I'll see you later." I waved my hand at them and began to explore the building.

There wasn't really anything else besides the room's corridor and the great hall, except maybe a different room... for meetings maybe.

I also found out that the Suna team arrived a day before us, completely unscratched. That was quite the accomplishment, they must have found an other team really rapidly.