Chapter 24

We were a reconnaissance specialized team, so we found other teams really rapidly. Between Kiba's scent, Hinata-chan's eyes and my sense of chakra no one could hide from us.

We were currently following a Konoha team, waiting for night before striking. Darkness always helps in surprise attacks, and with our senses we weren't really affected. I purposely selected a weak team, level 27 on average.

Night fell, and we began to sneak onto them. They were sleeping in a tree, except a watcher... It would be best to strike them all in one shot. I could use explosive tags, of course, but I didn't want to kill anybody if possible.

Instead, we decided to put a genjutsu on him but that was a little tricky, because I needed to affect the mind. It would be a lot easier if we came to eye contact or touch contact...

We remarked that they had set a few traps too, some destined to enemy ninjas, some to catch animals. The area around their tree was a deep marsh...

Unfortunately, I couldn't use my Instant Dimensions without my teammates noticing I suddenly disappeared. I'll reveal what I'm able to do in the future, but not today. I wasn't ready to face kekkai gekkai hunters. It's so much simpler to just be normal.

So I decided to send a clone who will slowly approach under water. I could do it myself with the [Gamer's Body], I won't catch any illnesses, but I don't think my teammates would agree.

I began to meditate to sense my clone's progression. He was already at the bottom of their tree, under the branch the watcher was sitting on. He quietly emerged from water, and began walking along the tree. Soon, he was directly under the enemy, and he touched his head from behind. The guy fell asleep, dreaming of a quiet watch in the night.

Suddenly, I sensed something with the other two's chakra signatures. One of them wasn't asleep any more.

"One of them is awakening. Go." I whispered quickly and we jumped to help my clone, who didn't notice as he wasn't meditating.

As we landed on the branch, the guy fully awoken, and alerted the others. Hinata-chan took care of the one under genjutsu, neutralising his main tenketsus, and Kiba threw a kick to the ninja who alerted the others. Me and my clone took advantage of the third's surprise to throw shurikens at him. He avoided most of them, but 2 landed in his foot, destabilising him. At this moment, my clone did a Kawarami with a shuriken that landed behind him and knocked him out.

I turned to see the remaining guy get overwhelmed by Kiba and Hinata's combined assault.

"Good job!" I praised, and searched for their scroll. "Damn it! Earth again? Really?"

"Seriously?" Kiba sighed.

I threw him the scroll.

"Crap." He groaned.

"I-I think ... we should rest a little." Hinata-chan suggested, looking disappointed too.

"Yeah. Let's change place before establishing a camp." I agreed, and when Kiba nodded too, we jumped away to find a safer place.

"Here." Hinata-chan said, pointing to a normal tree a little away from the others.

"I'll take first watch." I volunteered, and my comrades went to sleep after we ate.

Nothing happened in the night, but in the morning it slowly began to rain.

"Great..." Kiba groaned. "The scents will disappear now."

"At least we have rain hood." I mumbled. "Let's go find teams again before the scent goes away."

We started to track enemies again, and soon, Kiba's voice raised: