Chapter 26

"Could you please stop staring at me like that? The next match is beginning."

Hinata-chan and Kurenai-sensei frowned, and looked away. Even though I looked at them while saying that, it was meant for the others as well. Right now, Kakashi, Sasuke, and Neji were staring hard at me, and I suspected the Hokage was observing me as well, whereas Shino and Tenten descended to begin their fight.

Since I got that [Potent Chakra] skill, my chakra felt different, more dense... and of course, every ninja with a little sensory ability had been surprised to see it change like this. It just doesn't happen. Chakra is unique to all people, it defines a person so much that chakra sensors can even recognise people with it, and I'm pretty sure nobody could recognise my chakra as my own right now. This will attract attention to me and questions will probably be asked. It'll be troublesome to deal with this...

I sighed and refocused on the fight. Shino was in difficulty, barely dodging the various weapons that Tenten was throwing at him. On the other side, she was avoiding the insects on the ground, constantly jumping around as she attacked. It was a battle of stamina, but unfortunately for Shino, Tenten had a surprisingly high vitality... If the bug user doesn't do something he'll get beaten.

At a point, it seemed that the kunoichi was running out of ammo and she quickly took out a scroll to summon more weapons. It was impressive the amount she could store in these. Again, she started to overwhelm him with her accurate throws.

After a moment, she again used a scroll to refill her weapons stock, but it didn't work for some reason.

"It's useless." Shino stated calmly. "One of my bug climbed on you and disturbed the seal."

"... Ugh." Tenten muttered while throwing the scroll away with a disgusted expression. She tried to use another, but without success, as it was also made with ink.

"Your bugs can't mess with blood seals." She grinned as she got an other scroll, much bigger. Shino tried to stop her, but she jumped away rapidly, biting her thumb. This time, she summoned a huge scroll that was about her size, and using it she again summoned enormous death tools and directly threw them all at once at Shino. The blades seemed to penetrate him before he could react, but thankfully he had been able to perform a Kawarimi with an insect clone he had created. Tenten was going to launch another attack, but the Aburame stopped her.

"I give up." He declared and walked away without even waiting for Hayate's statement.

"Winner: Tenten!"

Shino's techniques are based on chakra absorption via his insects, so if they can't touch the enemy, he's stuck at using normal techniques.

"Tenten, the fire of your youth is truly shining!" Gai congratulated her while Lee was approving next to her, and Neji simply gave her a small nod.

"It seems Shino doesn't like long range fighters." I observed, and Kiba agreed:

"He doesn't look the type, but his taijutsu was actually pretty good back at the academy."

As we were chatting about the match, the next one was showed.

Naruto Uzumaki vs Ami

"All right! It's my turn!" Naruto shouted, excited. "It's about time!"

"Good luck." I told him as he passed next to me, and I looked at Shino's team mate.

Uchiha Fan-Girl

Lv 23 Ami

Ami passed the graduation exam for genins with us a few months ago. Honestly, I didn't like her. She was popular back when we were children, and she used to bully others, like Sakura for her forehead, or Naruto like everybody, or... me, for my gaming habits.