Chapter 19

The next morning, I was on my way to the academy. Apparently, the first stage of the chunin exam will be held there. So I joined Kiba and Hinata-chan who were waiting for me.

Self Proclaimed Alpha Male

Lv 27 Kiba Inuzuka

Secret Admirer

Lv28 Hinata Hyuga

"You're late." Kiba groaned as greetings.

"Good morning to you too." I replied. "And I'm not late. Just right on time."

"Good morning... Kuro-kun." Hinata-chan saluted.

"At least someone with manners." I grinned. "Good morning, Hinata-chan. Let's go."

We entered the building. There was a lot of people, and when we arrived to the 2nd floor, a small crowd has formed in front of the door. I noticed a small genjutsu transforming the numbers '207' in '307'... Why would they do that? We approached and started to watch a curious scene.

"What is going on here..." Kiba mumbled.

Serious Germaphobe

Lv 46 Izumo Kamizuki

Carefree Syrup Drinker

Lv 45 Kotetsu Hagane

Pfff hahaha! Those titles! But their level is very high for a genin though... I quietly [Obeserve]d them, and smiled. They were chunins disguised.

"... is our kindness" Kotetsu was talking to another genin with huge eyebrows, who looked like he had just been hit.

Genius of Hard Work

Lv 35 Rock Lee

"The chunin exam isn't easy... Even we have failed it three straight times. Those that take this exam and end up quitting as shinobis, those that die during the exam, we've seen it all. And chunins often become captains of military teams. The failure of a mission, the death of a comrade, that is all the captain's responsibility. Yet, kids like you think you can pass? We are just thinning out those that will fail anyway. What's wrong with that?"

These two chunins were probably asked to put a genjutsu here to 'thin out' weak genins who hadn't the capabilities of taking this exam. I see... Well, let's just tell the others and go up to the 3rd floor.

"I agree, but... You will let me pass through ... and also remove this surrounding created with genjutsu."

I facepalmed, earning a few curious looks around me. Sasuke... Of course, you couldn't keep your mouth shut, like this Rock Lee...

Revenge Seeker

Lv 32 Sasuke Uchiha

Loud prankster

Lv26 Naruto Uzumaki

Uchiha Fan-Girl

Lv22 Sakura Haruno

"I'm going to the 3rd floor. He told the crowd casually.

"What's this guy talking about?" A random genin asked.

"I don't know..." someone wondered.

"Ah... So you noticed..." Izumo said, smirking.

Sasuke smiled.

"Sakura, you must have noticed first, right?"

"Huh?" She seemed surprised that Sasuke actually talked to her. Well, I was too.

"Your analytic ability and genjutsu know-how is the most improved in our team." He praised.

He praised? Is this really Sasuke?