Chapter 13

A routine took place quickly, and I got bored of life.

D-rank-missions. Just D-rank-missions, only D-rank missions... Planting seeds, repainting walls, taking care of plants, or babysitting... The good point is that I learned a few skills while doing it, and I get about 500 XP or so for doing a mission. Kiba was always groaning, and I started to suspect that his patience wasn't going to last long... Hinata-chan didn't complained, but I suspected she was bored too.

It's been a week since we became genins, and I had slowed my training. It's not like I had a graduation exam that will determine my life in a few days after all. I has asked Kurenai-sensei on chakra control exercises, and she suggested the Climbing Tree exercise. Not climbing trees normally of course, but without using the hands, and walking on a tree while focusing a stream of chakra to the feet. As soon as she demonstrated the thing to me, I learned it.

[Tree Walking(Active) Lv5 EXP: 46% / 19 CP per minute]

A training method used to gain more skills with chakra control. This training involves focusing a fixed amount of chakra to the bottom of one's feet, and using that to climb a tree without using one's hands.

While active, you can walk on solid surfaces.

Passively increases CKRC by 2,5%

I practised it a bit every evening. But in reality, I was waiting for the end of the week... The last day of each week, we took the day off. I was excited because I needed to do some special training.

To figure out how to use mana.

And that was today.

I was sitting on the ground in the forest where Naruto kicked Mizuki's ass, and I had huge expectations.

So... how exactly does it work? Do I need to feel it or something? I thought about it during the week, but I never figured it out really.

"Status."

Status window :

Name: Kurota Farazuke
Title: The Gamer
Level: LV9(23,7%)
HP: 1175/1175

CP:2600/2600
MP: 2300/2300
STR: 27+1,62= 28,62
VIT: 26 +1,56=27,56
DEX: 25 + 1,44= 26,5

CKR: 28

CKRC: 22 + 0,55 = 22,55
INT: 24
WIS: 38
POINTS:15

Yeah, I had been a little lazy this week. I didn't grind like a madman like before the graduation exam, and I don't think I'll do it again anyway.

I looked at the mana bar, frowning. [Observe] didn't revealed anything more than last time.

Maybe... If mana stats were calculated on the base of INT and WIS, I'll need to be... smart? To use my brain?

I looked at my hand, and tried to gather mana in it. Of course, the predictable result was that I gathered chakra... I retried, and this time, I didn't moved my chakra. This was a lot more difficult because I had to keep track of my chakra flow. I concentrated on my hand, trying to fill it with mana with all my brains, and my face approached slowly my hand...

Nothing. There was nothing happening.

This frustrated me, and I got up and shook my hand madly, as if I expected something to get out of it. Nothing happened, of course.

I tried and tried again for a few hours, and eventually I gave up. I'll try when I'll be smarter, I guess.

The experiment was a failure... That kinda disappointed me a lot.

I returned in a bad mood to the D-ranks missions. Sometimes, I joined Naruto at Ichiraku's to take news of him. Naturally, he was bored too.

2 months passed, and I keep failing at using mana, even though I had raised my INT at 30. I was now level 16 and had 35 stats points, but I didn't used them because they can always serve in urgent matters. When I hit level 10, I could see that my dad was level 60, and he had the title 'Expert in Katon Ninjutsu'. I'll need to ask him to teach me some fire jutsus some day. He is the most high level chuunin I had seen around.