Prologue

Mark's POV

"Let's go." I said as I went out of my house. I quickly went in the car that I'll use for today. My bodyguards just nodded and went inside their respective cars. I started my car and drove off to school.

It didn't take a long time for me to get to school since my house is only close. People seem to realize who I was as soon as I went the campus premises. It was obvious though since I was the only one who goes to school with two other cars following me. The two cars contain my bodyguards, four of them to be exact, two on each car.

I parked my car on the parking spot that is reserved only for me. It might seem biased but I was really privileged to have my own parking spot since my parents are good friends with the owner of the school. The school I was attending is an exclusive school for elites but I can say that I'm one of the wealthiest students here.

I went out of the car and removed my glasses. The usual scream and shouts of my name from different girls didn't bother me at all since I am already used to it. A lot of girls personally like me for my good looks but I don't even bother look at them at all since it was obvious that all they want is my outside appearance. I'm not the only one people scream for so I don't see anything special about it.

I got my bag from my car and placed it on my back. I closed the door of my car and locked it before I started to walk inside. My bodyguards on the other hand were all at my back, following me everywhere I go. Its not I liked them to, its just my parents being over protective again.

People quickly made way for me as I walked through the hallway to go to my classroom. I'm currently in high school, 11th grade specifically and its the first day of school so I'm really not in the mood right now. I wanted to skip this day since first day of school is nothing but introductions and whatsoever. I had no choice though but to go as per my mom's orders.

I was supposed to enter my classroom when someone suddenly placed his arm on my shoulders. I already knew who it was without even looking at him. "Good morning Mark! I missed you dude." Tossakan cheerfully greeted. Tossakan or mostly known as Kan, here in school, is my best friend.

I like to push people away and I really don't like getting too close to people because I don't trust them easily. Well, besides my parents, Kan is an exception to that. I have known him since I was a kid and we've been friends ever since, which explains why I already knew who placed their arm over me since only Kan can do that here in school. Well, our parents our really good friends which is why we met in the first place.

Kan is also very popular here in school since he is considered a heartthrob by many. His parents are the owners here in school and we are complete opposites. While he's my only friend, Kan has a lot of them since he's really fun to be with. Although he always says that I'm his only best friend, I really don't care that much he he befriends.

"We just saw each other the other day Kan." I answered, with a 'matter of factly' tone. We literally saw each other a day ago since we just came back from our two-week vacation in Europe. Since our parents said that we were already 'grown ups', they allowed us to go there with only the two of us. Of course my bodyguards went too, but that's the closest we'll get so we just agreed.

"Why, can't I miss my one and only best friend?" he said as he messed up my hair which made me glare at him. He has a knack of messing up my hair every single time even though I have told him a million times already that I hate it when my hair gets messed up.

"Get the hell out of my face before I kill you." I threatened him. It seemed like it worked since he quickly scattered off and entered the room. I followed right after and sat on the back, beside Kan who was busy playing games on his phone. My guards on the other hand were left standing outside the classroom.