Barrier 18

Mark's POV

"Dudes! Let's ride the banana boat all together first!" My deep thoughts was disrupted as I heard Ram shout from the side. I quickly removed my gaze on Vee and looked at his direction. He was already sitting down on the banana boat while wearing his life vest.

I stood up and absentmindedly went to the edge of the boat to join them. I didn't bother wearing a life vest since I'm comfortable enough with my swimming skills. Everyone, including Vee even though he still looked grim, joined. There were seven of us and there were also exactly seven spaces on the boat so we just fit perfectly.

I was the last one to ride it and unfortunately, I was at the edge and I was at the back of Vee. He didn't offer me his hand so I had a hard time riding the boat because of the waves. Thankfully, I've succeeded after a few minutes. Everybody was cheering from excitement except the two of us. I can feel that something was wrong with him and the atmosphere got awkward all of a sudden.

I was also hesitating if I should ask him what's wrong or even try to talk to him first. At the end, I just decided not to as the banana boat ride started. We were being dragged by the speed boat and I was at the edge so I tightened my grip on the handle since I don't want to fall yet.

My worries with Vee vanished for a moment as I felt the sudden rush in my blood. I felt the cold air gush through my face and I was also getting sprinkled at from the sea because of how fast the boat is moving. "Ahh!" I didn't help but to shout.

"What the hell! This is too fucking fast!" I even heard Ram complain loudly. It seems like he's getting scared. I don't agree though. I wanted it to even be faster. I loved the thrill it is giving my insides.

I laughed excitedly. "Woah! This is so good!" I exclaimed once again. At that same moment, the drover of the speed boat turned to the side, toppling over the banana boat. We all got submerged in the water, and I quickly resurfaced after a few seconds.

Everybody was also present as my head went out of the water. "I am never riding that thing again," Ram said which made everyone laugh. Out of everyone, Ram was the one who's most scared at things like this. What's good with him though is that he still tries to conquer his fears.

We all swam back to the boat. Everyone entered the boat while I was last to enter once again. Since I'm having a hard time, I reeached out my hand to Vee who entered before me. But instead of taking my hand, he just ignored me. Good thing Kan saw me and he was the one who helped me get in the boat.

I sat down on my position once again and looked ta Vee who was looking at the sea. I didn't know why but I felt a pang in my chest when he rejected me earlier. I got hurt by the fact that he refused to help me when in fact, he's always been the one who helped me ever since he told me he likes me. Doesn't he like me anymore which is why he's this cold?

We spent the whole day doing different water activities and swimming. In order to not think of Vee that much, I just engaged myself in some water activities like riding the speed boat, and snorkeling which helped a lot actually. I was too busy having fun that my mind would not really wander off to Vee. The water really helps me relax and not think of anything else every time 'm submerged in it.

Mean and I also tried to surf. I taught him how to since I know how. My dad taught me back when I was twelve and I've been doing surfing every time I go to the beach so I'm pretty capable myself. It was really fun since Mean was such a fast learner.

"We should really do this again next time," he said as we were seated on our surf boards and was just waiting for a huge wave to come.

I smiled. "I told you it was fun," I answered. He was actually scared at first since he didn't know how but after convincing him a lot of times, I succeeded and he agreed on joining me. Kan also knows how to surf but he was busy riding the banana boat with Bar.