Barrier 30

Mark's POV

"No..." I murmured. I can't believe that this is seriously happening right now. I stumbled and good thing that Vee was able to catch me right away. "No way..." I uttered out.

Vee held my waist and looked at me, worry evident on his face. "Woah baby. Are you fine? Why are you crying?" he asked me several questions that I wasn't able to answer because my eyes were just fixated on the man before me. "Baby what's happening?" he continued to ask.

I ignored his questions still, instead, I locked my eyes towards his father. I can't be wrong right now. Every single thing I remembered from that man before fits him. He's the one. "Uhm, can I hug you right now please? Just for a second," I wasn't able to help myself and asked.

Vee's parents looked at me with a mix of worry and confusion. Everyone in this place right now is just perplexed of what's happening to me and why am I acting this way. "Uh, o-okay..." he agreed. I didn't let him even finish what he was saying and I just quickly hugged him as tight as I could.

"Thank you..." I said as bottles of tears streamed down my face. I felt like I was back at the past again, that I'm just lost kid again. "I know I wasn't able to say this before but thank you so much for saving my life. I owe all of my life to you," I continued.

I pulled away and looked back at him. His eyes were wide open and it seems like he already realized what I was saying. He knew exactly what I was pertaining to. "Y-You were —-"

I nodded in between my tears. "I was the kidnapped six year old kid that you saved a few years ago," I cut him off and smiled meekly in which he smiled back. I looked back at Vee and he looked totally blew off with what I just revealed. Even I am shocked. I didn't expect that Vee's dad was the person who saved me before. I guess it really is a small world.

"Uhm why don't we sit down first?" Vee's mom suggested which got all of our attentions turned to her.

We followed what she said and we all sat down beside the dining table. Vee's mom also let every staff that was with us leave us for a moment so we could all talk alone which made me thankful since its awkward to have people around when I'm about to talk about the shit I went through.

Vee placed his hand on my back and rubbed it gently to console me. "Shh baby... stop crying okay? I'm here," he said as he wiped my tears away using his other hand. "I know its hard for you to open up about it and its fine if you don't want to okay?" he continued.

"Now I remember," Vee's mom suddenly exclaimed as she turned to me. "A few years back, Third (Vee's dad) brought home a little boy who he said he found on the street. He didn't tell me exactly what really happened and who you were though but you stayed here for a few weeks," she said.

"I didn't tell you because its dangerous. I only had some initial suspicions at first but then when I called for the police, they told me about the kidnapping case," Vee's father chimed in. "I wasn't able to talk to you that much about what happened because you were always silent. I'm sure it was PTSD but I wasn't able to get you to a doctor because I was scared for you well being," he continued.

I nodded. "The police were right. I was kidnapped by my nanny when I was six but I was able to escape from them. They were running after me when I saw you," I explained. Tears began falling from my eyes again as flashbacks of my traumatic past haunted my mind once again. "I-If I wasn't able to find you and if you didn't save me, I don't even know if I'll be alive right now," I continued through my sobs.

"I already realized something was wrong when I saw you plead me to get you out of there so I decided to. And I guess that's one of the best decisions of my life because look at you now. You've grown into a handsome young lad and you even met my son," he said as he smiled genuinely. "I'm sure that you guys are really meant to be," he continued.