Barrier 21

Mark's POV

"We're here," Vee announced as he pulled up his car. I looked outside the window and we're already in front of my house. Since I didn't bring a car with me, Vee brought me home. I actually suggested that I'll just ride my bodyguards' car since he might be tired but he insisted.

I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you for bringing me home," I said and gave him a pat on his shoulder. "Go home now. You need to rest since we have school tomorrow," I continued. We actually already have classes today but we just skipped it since we extended for a day at the island.

He quickly grabbed my hand. "I'm gonna miss you baby," he said as he pouted. Psh, good thing he's cute or else I might have smacked him already. "Should I go in first?" he suggested.

I turned my head left to right to decline. Its not that I don't like him to. I just want him to go home now so he would have more time to rest. "We'll see each other tomorrow Vee. It won't even take 24 hours and we'll see each other again," I told him.

He clung his arm into my arm. "Baby please. Just for an hour," he said. He raised his hand into a pledge form. "I also need to rest my legs and feet from driving for hours you know," he reasoned out. I can't help but smile at what he's doing now. I actually find it sweet that he's a bit clingy to me.

I sighed in defeat. He really won't go home no matter what I tell him. Better yet, I'll just let him rest here. "Okay fine," I defeatedly responded. "As if I can do anything to change your mind," I whispered.

He raised his arms in delight. "Yay!" he cheered. I just smiled as I looked at him. He really acts younger than his actual age. He's so big and tall, but he acts just like a kid sometimes which is actually one of his traits that make him cute for me.

We both went down of his car and I reached out my palm to him. "Give me your keys," I asked him. He didn't hesitate and gave me his keys. I turned to my bodyguard. "Please park his car in the parking lot inside," I ordered my bodyguard. I'm very sure that Vee won't stay here for just an hour so better to park his car inside.

We went inside my house and I quickly saw my mom sitting on the sofa at the living room. He had her eyes on her phone. "Hey mom," I said which got her attention. I came closer and kissed her cheeks.

"Good afternoon auntie," Vee greeted my mom politely and he also kissed her cheeks.

"You guys are already here. Good afternoon to you to Vee," she greeted him. "So, how's the short vacation? Did you guts have fun?" she asked excitedly. Knowing my mom, she'd probably make us tell her every single detail that happened in the island.

"Auntie, it was a whole blast! We tried everything your island has to offer. From the water activities to the delicious food the chef cooked for us. I actually forgot that I was in Earth since I felt like I was in heaven," Vee answered cheekily.

I let out a soft laugh as Vee looked like a kid telling his mom stories about what happened on his field trip. "It was very nice mom. I actually missed the island so much. I didn't know that dad added a lot of things there," I answered.

My mom clapped her hands. "Then that's good! I'm glad everything worked out really well," she exclaimed. My mom really prepared everything from the littlest details to the greatest for my vacation with my friends so I'm really thankful for all her efforts in order for us to enjoy.

"Thank you for everything auntie," Vee said politely and he even bowed his head a little as a sign of respect.

"Yeah, thanks for this mom," I chimed in. I came closer to my mom and hugged her tight. I'm not used to being lovey dovey with my mom or actually opening up to her but I just want to hug her right now to thank her not just for the vacation but for everything she has done for me.