Barrier 33

Mark's POV

"Mark, wake up!"

"Good morning Mark, wakey wakey!"

"WAKE THE HELL UP MARK!"

I instantly woke up when I heard someone shout at my ears. I opened my eyes and turned to my side where I heard the voice. I quickly saw Kan who was standing beside me with his arms crossed and an annoyed expression plastered on his face. "Finally, sleeping beauty has woken up," he said.

"What the fuck Kan?!" I shouted in disbelief. "Why the hell are you shouting first thing in the morning? You could've just woken me up properly. And besides, its still to early to be waking up anyways," I asked him with my eyebrows furrowed. I'm literally having a good sleep and he comes here and ruins it.

"Excuse me your highness but as you see, its already ten in the morning. Its not early already since its almost afternoon," he said in a matter of factly tome while pointing on my alarm clock that was placed on my bedside table.

I rolled my eyes. "And so? Its a weekend dumbass. I can sleep as much as I want," I retaliated.

He pushed my forehead using his finger. "You're the dumbass. Its not just a normal weekend. Its a special day. Don't you even remember?" he asked.

I paused for a few seconds to think of what he was telling me. It felt like a lightbulb suddenly lit up on top of my head as I remembered what day it is today. Its Vee and I's monthsary. Its been a month since we got together. I looked back at Kan. "I know what day it is today but why does it concern you?" I sassily asked.

He raised his arms in defeat. "It doesn't weirdo," he denied and looked away. "But, since its a weekend, you have to go with me. We're going to the mall, so you have to stand up now and go to the bathroom to take a bath," he ordered.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "And why would I?" I asked back.

"Because I said so," he answered back.

I grabbed my blanket and placed it over my head. "I don't want to. I'm so lazy Kan. Can't you just go by yourself? Or ask someone else to go with you. You're Mr. Congeniality, I'm sure you have lots of friends," I said. I badly still want to sleep more since I slept late yesterday. Vee and I decided to wait till twelve midnight just so that we could greet each other for our monthsary.

Kan grabbed my blanket and harshly removed it away from my body causing me to let out a groan. "Mark Masa. Will you stand up on your own or should I drag your ass to the bathroom and give you a bath myself?" he threatened.

I immediately stood up from my bed. "Ugh, fine," I agreed although I didn't want to. It was because his threats actually worked with me. Kan and I have been together since we were kids and trust me, he'll really do his threats. I experienced what he said one time and it was embarrassing. He really did drag me in the bathroom and tried to give me a bath until I raised my white flag.

"Good," he said while grinning widely.

I just rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom. I took my time on taking a bath and doing my morning rituals before I went out of my room and went to my walk in closet. I even got a short glance on Kan who was watching the television while waiting for me. I wore a plain white shirt and a denim ripped jeans that I paired up with a green bomber jacket and white shoes.

I didn't forget to wear my watch and spray some perfume before I went out of my walk in closet. "I'm ready," I announced.

Kan looked at me. "Finally," he exclaimed.

After so, he stood up from my bed and we both went down. I was shocked to see the rest of the group at the living room as I went down. They were all sitting down on the sofa and they seem to be waiting for me. Only one person was missing though, Vee.