Barrier 15

Mark's POV

"Ugh, seriously Mark, can you stop texting on your damn phone and play with me?" Kan, who was already obviously annoyed, told me as he continued to persuade me to play with him. "You've been ignoring me for minutes dude," he continued.

I looked up to him as I turned off my phone. "Okay fine. You're so freaking impatient," I answered. I placed my phone on the sofa while I sat down on the carpet with him. We're currently in the game room. "There's this thing called solo player Kan. You could've played by yourself," I continued.

He clicked start and we started playing his favorite game. "That's the reason why I'm here dude. I wouldn't have gone here in the first place if I just wanted to play on my own," he said in an 'obviously' tone. "Just admit that you're too busy texting with your boys," he teased.

Its a weekend and the pageant just ended last night. Kan went my house without even telling me since he wanted to play video games with me. I'm already used by his sudden visits so I actually don't mind any other way. There are times that he just barges in my room when he's bored at home.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "There definitely not my boys Kan. They're my suitors and they're not my boyfriends," I answered.

He smirked. "So you were busy with your phone because texting the both of them? You didn't deny it," he quickly said. He was right though. I was really texting both Mean and Vee at the same time. Since they both texted me, I have no choice but to reply and they're both fun to text with anyways. "That's my boy Mark!" he cheered.

I smacked his arm. "Stop making it seem like I'm two-timing them. Its not like that. I just want to give the both of them a fair chance. I mean, they've both shown me how much they like me so I want to be fair to the both fo them," I explained.

He paused our game and looked at me. "Oh right. You haven't told me yet what happened between you and Vee last night," he said. He simpered, looking pleased. "Where did the two of you go? And how did he ask you if he could court you?" he flooded me with questions.

I shifted uneasily. I quickly remembered what happened last night. All I can say is that Vee was really sweet. His surprise and everything else was just too much for me to handle. "Well, he prepared a surprise for me in his car and he asked me if he could officially court me and I said yes. After that, we went to a restaurant and ate dinner together," I answered. I purposely didn't go deep into what happened last night since I'm just gonna get shy telling him.

He nodded. "Well, its good that you agreed to him courting you," he said.

My forehead scrunched up and I looked at him confusedly. "Wait, you told me you didn't like him for me?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I mean he doesn't have my vote with the both of you being together but it doesn't mean that I don't consider him. He's my friend too and I really pitied the guy for the past weeks you've been hard on him," he explained.

"Was I really that harsh on him?" I asked him as I felt guilty once again.

He nodded quickly as a response. "Yeah dude. I actually thought that he'll just give up but he didn't and I'm glad with that. If ever the both of you end up dating, he'll really need a lot of patience. You're too much to handle," he answered.

I whacked his head with my hand. "If you're just going to judge me, get out of my house," I said as I glared at him.

He rubbed the spot I smacked and pouted. "Hey, can't I even tell the truth now? You're really too hot to handle. You're mood swings are just unbearable Mark," he continued. I just rolled my eyes at him as a sign of defeat. He was right though. Only my parents and Kan have lots of patience for me.