Barrier 26

Mark's POV

"What's up party people!" I was eating my late lunch peacefully in the dining area when I heard Kan's cheerful voice. Today's a Saturday and he mostly goes here every weekend so I already expected him to go here. I looked back and he even had his arms up, looking as cheerful as ever.

I realized that he was holding a set of hangers with clothes in his hands. "What the hell Kan? Can you stop being so noisy. You're literally the only person who's so wild right now," I scolded him. "And what's with the clothes?" I asked him curiously.

He sat down on the chair beside me and looked at the maid standing at the side. "Excuse me, can I have a plate please? I'm starving," he said. The maid quickly gave him a plate and he immediately placed lots of food in it. "Isn't today the ball?" he asked.

I nodded and turned back to my plate. "Yeah," I answered shortly.

"You're not the only one who's going to join the ball bro. I'll be joining too," he proudly said which made me turn back to him.

"Oh, did some senior girl invite you?" I asked curiously.

"Nah dude. Bar invited me. He wasn't able to find a date for himself so he just invited me so that the whole group would be there. I agreed since I figured that it will be a lot of fun to join," he explained. He leaned closer and poked my waist. "So, are you excited already?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Its just a normal ball Kan. We've been to dozens of balls already, what's the difference this time?" I answered nonchalantly.

To he honest though, I've been waiting for this day since Thursday when Vee asked me to be his date. Its been days but his surprise is still fresh from my memory that my heart flutters every time I remember it. I literally can't wait to dance with him later. And now that Kan is joining, its even more exciting.

He rolled his eyes. He obviously doesn't believe me. "We've been to hundreds of ball because of our family Mark but this time Vee will be joining," he said matter of factly. Even since Kan and I were still children, our parents always bring us to elite balls for us to gain connections even though we're still young. Kan and I just eat most of the time though. "That's the difference," he continued.

He was right though. There's a big difference from all the balls I've attended to. Its that fact that Vee will be with me and he'll even be my date. I'm really just shy to confess to him how ecstatic I am since I'm pretty sure he'll keep teasing me about it.

"Excuse me young master," one of my maids approached us and bowed. "Your mom's stylists are already outside," she politely informed me.

I instantly smiled when she finished. I knew it. My mom was very ecstatic when I told her about the ball and being Vee's date. She really won't let me go to the ball without preparing as much as possible. My mom is just a certified fashionista.

"Let them in and lead them to mom's powder room upstairs," I ordered. She nodded and excused herself. Since my mom really likes things concerning fashion; like clothes and make ups, she decided to add a powder room when our house was built. Its the room where she always does her hair and make up every time there's an event she has to go to. Its already equipped with most of the things she needs to style herself.

"Auntie's always prepared when it comes to things like this," Kan complimented which made me laugh.

I looked at the wall clock at my side and saw that it was already four in the afternoon. The ball will start at six at night so we have just the right amount of time to prepare before the limousine fetches us. The group decided to just go to the ball as one so we used North's limousine, and I'll be the last one to fetch since my house is the farthest.