Barrier 4

Mark's POV

I quickly came closer to Kan as soon as I regained my consciousness. I smacked him on his arm. "What the hell Kan. Why didn't you help me last night?!" I yelled.

"Ouch!" he reacted and rubbed his arm that I smacked. I may have had smacked him a bit stronger than I intended. "Why are you hitting me?" he asked confusedly.

"Why didn't you help me last night?" I asked loudly once again. I'm acting as if I'm a child having tantrums but that's the least of my concern right now.

"I already told you. I carried Bar since he was already asleep because he was so drunk," he explained. I already heard it earlier but I'm still sulky since he should've helped me.

I stomped my foot. "Even so! You're my best friend and you should be the one to help me!" I reasoned out.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Okay fine, I'm sorry. But why are you making it a big deal Mark?" he asked.

I stopped. I don't know how to answer his sudden question. "Uh, nothing. But that's not the point here Kan! The point here is that you should've been the one who helped me," I reasoned out to divert the topic.

His eyes narrowed down on me and he stepped closer. "Wait, do you have a problem with me not helping you or with Vee helping you last night?" he sharply asked. Shit, Kan really knows me well.

"What are you saying?" I said and acted innocent, even though I'm very nervous right now since he was already feeling something was off with me. He knows me really well to feel and see right away if I'm not telling him something or if I'm acting strange.

He shrugged and just laughed it off. "Okay. I thought that you felt something wrong with Vee supporting you last night," he said and looked at me suspiciously.

Everything's wrong you dumbass. I might've had just told Vee about my weird feeling lately and worse, I might've told him that he was the person responsible for those feelings. "Nothing's wrong Kan. I was just overreacting," I answered and laughed awkwardly. I tried to look into his eyes to show him that I was genuine and telling the truth.

He nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I though so too," he said. It seems like all the air came back to my lungs and I was able to breath once again. I looked over at him and it seems like he believed my acting earlier. I felt relieved that he didn't catch on my weird reaction and bad acting.

"Let's just go. You might be late for your try outs," I said to change the topic once again. The last thing I need right now is to talk about that again since I'll just be remembering my stupidity last night. Way to go Mark. You really had to spill your secret to a person you weren't even sure who.

I started walking again and Kan walked quickly to match up my pace. "You should thank him though," he said which made me look at him. He obviously had a hard time carrying you last night since you were so drunk," he continued.

"Y-Yeah. I probably should," I just answered. But in reality, I don't know how I'll show myself to Vee again after my embarrassing moment with him yesterday. I can't even believe I acted normally with him in the cafeteria earlier when I've just said those things to him. I wanted to slap myself over and over again with my stupidity.

We continued walking, silently this time, until we reached the field. There were already a lot of people gathered on the field when we came. It seems like a lot of people are going to try out today as I can see.

"I'm gonna wait here," I said as we stopped by the stands. "Don't worry, I won't go anywhere and just quietly support you from here," I continued. I know he's really nervous and scared right now so he needs all the vocal support he can get.