Barrier 1

Mark's POV

"What happened here?" Kan said as he came in running to our place. It seems like he realized the commotion here. "Hey dude, are you fine?" he said and checked if I was hit or something.

"I'm fine Kan," I said and looked back at the person who saved me. He was holding his head 'cause it seemed like it hit the ground earlier. He looked back at me so I quickly diverted my gaze away from him. "Let's go," I said and grabbed his hand to walk away.

What the fuck am I feeling? My heart is pounding so hard in my chest and I don't know why this was happening. This is the first time I've felt this way so this is practically a foreign feeling for me. Am I sick? Or was I too neevous with what happened earlier?

We turned around and started to walk off. "WELL, YOU'RE WELCOME!" I heard him shout, sarcasm very evident in his tone. Its was obviously for me. But instead of stopping or looking back at him, I just continued walking away. I think my heart will burst off from my chest if I continued staying there.

Kan stopped me once we were already far from the field. "Wait, bro. What really happened? Why do you seems startled?" he asked. He was obviously confused on why I was acting strange.

I brushed him off. "Nothing. I was supposed to be hit by the ball earlier but someone saved me," I told him.

"So you mean, Vee saved you?" he asked.

I looked at him confusedly. "Vee?" I asked back. Who the hell is that person?

"The person who saved you earlier. He's name is Vee and he's already a senior," he said.

I nodded. "And so? I don't care who he is Kan," I answered irascibly. To be honest, I actually know him since I run into him sometimes in the hallways. But I really didn't care about him which is why ai don't even know his name. He's just a popular athlete, who cares?

"Psh. Typical you, snappy as always," he said with a pout. I just rolled my eyes and started walking away again so Kan walked quickly to catch up with me. "But seriously, now I know why he was being sarcastic earlier. You didn't say thank you right?" he asked.

I continued walking. "I didn't ask him to save me. It was his own choice to do what he did, so why do I have to thank him?" I answered coldly. It was true though, I was already ready to be hit by the ball because my guards were so freaking unreliable, but he suddenly came and blocked me from the ball. He fell because of the impact but it was still his choice to save me, so I don't see any reason for me to thank him.

Kan sighed. He already knows that no matter how much things he says to me, I still won't change my decision. "Okay fine. Let's just go home," he said as we continued to walk back to our own cars.

"I'll go ahead," I said as I reached my car. I opened my car and went inside. I even saw Kan wave his hands as a sign of goodbye. I started my car and went back home.

I went straight to my room as soon as I got home. I stripped off my school uniform and wore my swimming trunks. I'm gonna swim. After getting my phone from the bed, I got down and went to the pool area. 

I placed my phone on the poolside and went straight in the water. I instantly felt relaxed when the cold water met my skin. I didn't know why but the water really has some sort of easing abilities for me. I quickly become relaxed as soon as I'm in any body of water. It gives me somewhat of a comfort and relieves the stress that I'm feeling.

My fascination towards water started back when I was six. My parents brought me to a water park and I instantly loved the feeling of my whole body soaked in water. Since then, my mom got me into swimming lessons and I have grown to love the water ever since. This was also the reason why my parents decided to build a bigger pool inside our house. Back then, our pool is just small, but after I requested for a bigger one, they obliged.