Barrier 13

Mark's POV

"Mark, what the hell! You've been spacing out since earlier. Are you fine?" Kan called me out for the nth time today and its not even afternoon yet. We're still in our last subject before lunch. "Do you have any problems? You know you can tell me right?" he asked.

I got pulled out of my deep thoughts as he repeatedly tapped my arm. I looked at him innocently. "Uh, what are you saying again?" I asked since I didn't hear what he said quite well. I was caught up in a daze.

Kan just rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I asked if you if you have any problems so I can help you in any way I can," he repeated his question for me.

I've been thinking if I should tell Kan about everything that happened yesterday. I literally wasn't able to fall asleep as I thought of the events yesterday over and over again. I mean, maybe one confession is enough but two confessions in a day? Isn't that just too much?

I looked at Kan. The teacher was just discussing a certain topic while Kan and I are talking at the back. "I might've gotten two people confess to me that they like me yesterday," I told him softly. I decided to tell him since he's my best friend and he deserves to know. Besides, he can also help me with this since I really don't know what to do.

"WHAT?! YOU'VE GOTTEN WHAT?:" Kan reacted loudly which made everyone including the teacher to look at our direction. Kan realized what happened and laughed nervously. "I'm sorry ma'am," he said as he showed a peace sign.

The teacher and our classmates looked back at what they're doing and I quickly smacked Kan's head. "You're so freaking noisy Kan, what the hell!" U scolded him softly, not wanting the others to hear our conversation. The moment the teacher sees us bot paying attention, we'll both be dead.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting such a huge ass thing from you. I thought you just needed to shit or something," he apologized and I just glared at him. He leaned over me so that I can hear him properly. "So, back to what you were saying," he continued.

"Someone confessed to me yesterday. There were two of them and they both told me they liked me," I reluctantly said since I was embarrassed.

"Who were they? And what's all the fuss about? You get confessions every single day Mark," he answered matter of factly. He was right though. I had lots of women and even men confess to me but this one is different. I both know them well and I consider them as my friends. I don't even care about the other people who confessed to me. But Mean and Vee, they're both part of my life.

"This one's different Kan. Very different," I said. I leaned down closer to Kan so that my mouth was at his ear. "It was Mean... and Vee," I whispered.

"WHAT THE HECK? ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?" Kan said loudly as he wasn't able to control himself once again. I just mentally face palmed myself as he got the attention of everyone inside the room once again. Ugh, freaking Kan and his big mouth.

"Kan and Mark, get out of this room now! You've been talking to each other and not paying attention! Get out!" the teacher angrily demanded. I looked over at her and she was already fuming mad. Well, if i was in her place I would be mad too.

I quickly stood up and didn't even bother explain myself. I'm not scared of her. I went out of the room and stood right before the back door. Kan followed suit after he tried to reason out to our teacher but to no avail obviously. "Way to go Kan. Hooray for not controlling your mouth twice," I sarcastically said as I rolled my eyes.

He tapped my arm and pouted. "Hey! You can't expect me to not react like that by what you said. It felt like you dropped a huge ass bomb and not expect me to run away," he reasoned out. "But seriously, I kinda expected Mean but Vee? Are you hallucinating or something?" he continued.