Barrier 12

Mark's POV

"Good morning. I'm Emma and I'll be your stylist for today's photoshoot," the pretty lady introduced herself. Its currently Monday today and I have to say that today is definitely one of the most eventful day for the preparation of the pageant.

All the students that are participating are excused for our classes for the whole day since we have a jam packed schedule ahead of us. We're going to have a photoshoot in awhile, dance practice later and I'll be practicing for my performance after dismissal. Just thinking about the schedule is already making me exhausted.

I smiled. "Good morning Emma, I'm Mark. Thank you for your help," I thanked her politely. She's one of the student volunteers that will style us for the photoshoot today. Kan actually volunteered too but he's tasked on the food and props. I know though that he just wants to skip class that's why he joined.

I sat down on the chair. "You're already very handsome so I won't need to put too much make up for you. A light one will do," she informed me as I looked at myself on the three way mirror.

I nodded. "Anything you want to do will be fine. Thank you," I answered. I really don't know things related to make up so I just have to trust her on grooming me up for the photoshoot. She's the stylist after all.

She started by clipping my hair so it won't be a bother when she's putting make up on me. I looked at the side where Vee just came after he finished changing into our uniform. We have two themes for the shoot. The first one is with us wearing our school uniform and the other is a casual one.

"I dropped by a fast food restaurant and bought breakfast for you. I even went out of my way just to buy this since I figured you'd be hungry because I noticed that you don't eat that much during breakfast and this will take a while," he said and placed a paper bag on the table in front of me.

I looked at him confusedly. It was true that I really don't eat much during breakfast since I don't have an appetite yet but I was shocked that he noticed that just by eating breakfast with me for two times.

"T-Thanks," I stuttered.

He just smiled and sat down on the chair beside me. He'll also be styled by another student volunteer like Emma. "Your boyfriend is too sweet," Emma beamed which made me look at her in shock.

"He's not my boyfriend. We're just friends," I quickly denied. Although heat rose to my cheeks and I was already blushing just by what she said.

"Oh is that so? That's too bad. The two of you look cute together though. I think you'll make a great couple if ever you two date," she teased which didn't help with my face that was already flushed.

I laughed awkwardly and waved my hands to deny her allegations. "No, he doesn't swing that way. And we just belong to the same group of friends," I said as I continued to decline.

She looked shocked with what I said. "Are you sure? It seems like he likes you though. He won't be going out of his normal route just to buy you breakfast if he didn't," he insisted.

"He really doesn't Emma. He's really just thoughtful in a way. And he's just making up to me for something he did," I explained. And I was saying this because I don't want to assume. I've been trying my best to move on from him and things like this will just keep me from achieving that.

She just nodded and continued doing what she was doing earlier. I looked at my side and the stylist was also putting on make up on Vee. Of all the male contestants here in the pageant, I would have to say that Vee is the most handsome. There's a reason why he was chosen by his section.

It seems like he realized that I was looking at him so he looked at me and smiled. "Am I too handsome that you keep staring at me?" he conceitedly asked.