Barrier 24

Mark's POV

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," he apologized. He reached out his hands and held my face as he looked at me straight in the eyes. "I know that you will never forget about it, but let me ease the pain baby," he sincerely said.

I wiped my own tears away. I laughed. "And now you know the real me. I'm a fake. Everything's just a facade. I'm just wearing a mask to hide the true me. I'm fragile Vee. I'm weak," I told him truthfully. I'm deemed by everyone around me as brave and strong, but inside, I'm just a fragile person.

"No Mark," he quickly denied what I said. "Everybody's right about you. You're brave. You're strong. Even braver and stronger than all the people I know. If I was in your position, I wouldn't have survived through everything. But you, you were just a kid but you managed to escape from those evil people," he continued in order to try to cheer me up.

He went up to my bed. He placed his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. I looked at him. "Vee tell me. Why did you like me in the first place?" I suddenly asked him.

He went silent and thought of it for a minute. "I don't know," he answered which made me taken aback. I got disappointed by what he said so I looked away. "I don't have any reasons why I like you because I just do. I like you because of everything that you are; the good ones, and even the bad ones," he continued which made me flustered. Heat quickly rose to my cheeks.

"I like you even though you're cold. I like you even though you're moody sometimes. I like you even though you nag or scold me at times. I just like you because you're you," he continued.

I was already smiling when I suddenly remembered something. I looked back at Vee and looked at him straight in his eyes. "But I'm not worthy of love. Everyone who loves me, just leaves me in the end. Everyone who said they love me just pushed me off aside," I sadly said.

He held my head to make it lean on his chest. "Do you hear my heart beat Mark? This is how fast it beats every time I think of you or every time I'm with you," he said. I closed my eyes and focused on my hearing. He's right. I can faintly hear the fast beating of his heart. "How can you say you're not worthy of love when a person's heart beats this fast for you?" he asked me.

"I-I don't know," I answered uncertainly.

"Mark, every single person in this world is worthy of love, and you're not an exception. Who cares about your past? What matters is your present. And now, I'm in love with you Mark," he said. He looked back at me and I can see and feel how sincere he was with his words.

"I-I'm in love with you too," I answered awkwardly. I'm not used to saying these words so I'm a bit awkward.

He smiled. "I know baby. I know," he said and gave me a hug. I just smiled as I buried my face into his chest. I instantly smelled his perfume and natural aroma that was perfectly blended to one another. I swear, I can literally smell him all day. He naturally smells so good.

"I guess we're interrupting something?" a familiar voice said. My eyes instantly darted to the door where my parents were standing. My mom had a teasing smirk plastered on her face while my dad just had a blank expression.

My eyes went wide in surprise and Vee and I quickly moved away from each other. "Mom, dad, you're back," I muttered out.

My mom smiled and raised her hand holding a paper bag. "Yeah and we bought lots of food for the both of you," she announced cheerfully.

"Are you guys together already?" my dad asked. I looked at him and he was standing beside my bed while looking at the both of us. Fear quickly crept into my body as I realized that he was serious. Vee and I wasn't able to answer right away so he asked again. He turned to me. "Mark, did you give him your precious yes already?"