Barrier 17

Mark's POV

"I'm gonna go now, if you want to stay here then I'll be the one to leave," I said as soon as I realized what I did. I was already blushing like crazy and I can feel my face getting hot from embarrassment.

I was supposed to leave but he quickly stopped me by grabbing my arm. He pulled me back in front of him and I quickly lowered my head in order to not look at him. "Tell me what you said again Mark. Repeat it please," he asked me. I can hear the faint happiness in his voice.

"You already heard what I said earlier. There's no more reason to say it again and again," I answered back as I declined him. I just wanted to dig my own hole or the ground to eat me up whole right now. I can't stand to face him after what I just said. Ugh, way to go Mark.

He placed his hand on my chin. "Look at me Mark, you don't have to be shy," he said as he tried to make me look at him by pushing my chin up. I slowly obliged and looked at him. He was grinning widely and I just wanted to smack him to remove that smile on his face. "Just let me hear it once again," he insisted.

Silence engulfed the both of us as he waited for me to speak up. "I'm jealous," I repeated what I said softly, just enough for him to hear it. I looked away since I can't confess it while looking at his eye. I was very shy.

He cupped my face which made me look at him once again. "To whom were you jealous with?" he asked me softly.

I rolled my eyes as I remembered what happened earlier once again. "To that slut Lin. She was obviously flirting with you," I answered truthfully. There's no more reason for me to not answer his questions since I'm already too much embarrassed. Better yet, I'll just tell him.

He leaned in, closing to distance between our faces. "I'm glad that you got jealous of what happened earlier. That just means you like me too right?" he asked sweetly as he looked ta me in the eyes.

I smiled and placed my hands on his shoulders. I leaned in closer, leaving only an inch between our faces. I smirked when he closed his eyes. He was obviously expecting me to kiss him. But he's wrong, I kicked him in the stomach with my knee. "That's what you get for flirting back with that whore," I said. If he thinks he gets away for flirting with her, he's wrong. I looked at him holding his stomach in pain before I turned around to leave.

Psh, he's lucky that I just did it lightly and not full force. "Hey Mark, wait up!" he shouted. I just ignored him and continued walking away. You deserved that you dense asshole. I was shocked though that he caught up to me after a few minutes. "Let's talk Mark," he told me.

I glared at him. "It seems like you want more. Do you want me to kick you once again? Maybe I'll aim for your dick now," I threatened him. I raised my foot which made him flinch. He raised his arms to cover himself.

"Wait, Mark. I'm sorry! I really wasn't flirting with her! I didn't even realize that she was," he explained as he lowered his head because he was scared I'll kick him again. "Believe me Mark, please!" he pleaded.

I brought my foot down. I actually don't have any plans to kick him anymore. "Psh. You can't fool me. It was obvious that she was flirting with you. And even though you didn't know, you still entertained her," I retaliated. I don't know why I'm acting this way but I really don't want to see him flirting with anyone else.

He held my hand to stop me from walking away. "But I really didn't notice anything at all. I was just being friendly with her," he explained in a pleading tone.

I rolled my eyes at him for the nth time today. "Yeah, too friendly," I said sarcastically as I scoffed. I looked at him confusedly as he started laughing softly. I raised my eyebrow. He must be going crazy already. He's suddenly just laughing out of nowhere. "Why are you laughing?" I asked him.