Barrier 5

Mark's POV

Vee entered before me. As soon as he finished what he was saying, he walked inside the restaurant. I was still in a daze after our conversation so I was just standing outside. Its not until the waitress called me that I got my consciousness back. "Sir?" she said.

"Ahh... sorry," I quickly apologized and entered the restaurant. I walked quickly to catch up with Vee. I scanned the whole area to look for Kan and the others. I saw them at the corner since North was waving his hands.

"There they are," I informed Vee who was also looking for them and pointed to where they were seated. "Let's go," I said. I walked pass him and went to the direction where Kan and the others are.

I sat beside Kan who was holding on his phone. Vee then sat down on the empty chair beside me. I don't know if I'll be happy or flustered with him sitting beside me. I mean, there's exactly six chairs and what are the odds that we get to sit together. I think fate's playing with me or something.

The waitress came and gave us the menu. I didn't even need to look at the menu and I already know what I'm ordering. We're currently in a Chinese restaurant that Kan and I always eat to. Kan is a Chinese descent and he once brought me here. I'm not particularly a fan of Chinese cuisine before but after Kan brought me here, I've liked it ever since.

"Are you guys ready to order?" Kan asked.

All fo us nodded and gave our orders. The waitress listed everything on her notepad and excused herself after repeating our orders and giving us an estimated time when the food will be served.

"Congratulations on being part of the team Kan," Ram cheerfully said. He was sitting adjacent to me with North's arm draped over his shoulder. "I'm feeling that our team will get stronger now with you on the team," he complimented.

Kan scratched his head and I knew right away that he became shy because of the compliment. He always does this when he's shy about something. "The team is already strong even last year. You even won the championship but thank you," he answered.

"I know. This means that we'll be untouchable and we can even be undefeated this season," Bar chimed in.

Since everyone of them were part of the team and I can't relate with what their talking about. I just silently observed North and Ram. They looked really sweet even with their subtle actions to each other. North has his arm placed on Ram's shoulders while Ram was playing with North's hand. Even though you don't know them, you'll realize right away that their a couple once you look at them.

I unconsciously looked at Vee who was beside me. He was silent and he wasn't adding in the football conversation since he was again, busy on his phone. I leaned in and peeked in the screen of his phone discreetly so that no one will notice what I was doing.

I saw that he was in a messaging application. I wanted to puke when I saw the name saved on his phone. He was obviously talking to Ploy and she was saved as 'special person' on his phone. Seriously, don't they run out of topics to talk? He was glued to his phone ever since he finished training.

Is Ploy really that special for him that he really spend his time chatting her? I quickly felt a pain on my chest as I was going through my thoughts. Do I really like him? Well, I'm not that naive and I know that what I'm feeling right now just confirmed that I do like the person sitting beside me right now. It may be super fast but there's nothing wrong with liking someone even though you don't know each other that much yet right?