Barrier 7

Mark's POV

I went directly to the VIP room as soon as I entered Oblivion. I have my bodyguards on my back following my every move. My mom actually didn't approve of me going here at first. If I didn't make up excuses, I probably wouldn't be here right now.

I opened the door to the VIP room and everyone turned their eyes on me. My eyes quickly focused on Vee who was sitting on the couch. I was a bit far from him but it was already so obvious how drunk he was. He continued drinking though, as if he's not realizing his current state.

"Hey bro, you came," Kan greeted me.

I just nodded and approached Vee's place. I sat down beside him and he's even worse closer. His hair was a mess, strands of his hair were pointing to different directions. I can smell the taint of alcohol coming from his body.

"He's been drinking non stop ever since we came here. We've been stopping him ever since but he's not listening to us. We just let him be knowing that he'll pass out once he gets too drunk," Bar said as he looked at Vee.

"Although it seems like his tolerance to alcohol right now is at its peak. He's already too drunk but he's still continuing," North chimed in.

"What happened?" I asked. I already know why Vee's like this because Kan told me earlier but I wanted to know the whole story.

"He got rejected by Ploy. He thought that she'll say yes when he asks her to be his girlfriend, heck we all thought so too, but unfortunately, she said no. As far as I know, she didn't tell her reasons why. She just straight up rejected him," Ram explained.

"He skipped class earlier. We just saw him again at training today and he told us what happened. He invited us to go here and we just agreed since we pitied him," North continued.

"He really likes Ploy. Its been so long since he had his eyes on her. He decided to go after her once he got confident," Bar said. "Too bad he wasn't able to succeed. He was really hoping Ploy would say yes since she also showed that their feeling's mutual," he continued.

I just smiled bitterly as I looked back at Vee who was staring blankly on space. Yeah, its obvious how much he likes her. In the first place, he wouldn't be here if he didn't. He wouldn't prepare surprises and he wouldn't be getting drunk if she wasn't special for him.

"Why would she reject him though?" I asked in a confused manner. I don't want them to be together but I just don't get it why she rejected Vee when its obvious that he was serious.

"I definitely have one reason in mind," Ram said which made me look at him. "Ploy is known as a playgirl in our batch. We have warned Vee in the past that he might just get hurt if he pursued her but he continued. I thought she became serious with Vee since I didn't see her approach anymore boys after Vee started to court her," he continued.

"She might've just played with Vee's feelings. That's what they do right? They collect men thinking of them as a trophy or an achievement or something?" Kan added in.

My blood boiled from what I heard. I wanted to slap her in the face. "She's fucking stupid," I mumbled out angrily. I wasn't furious not just because she hurt Vee, but because different people trusted her and yet she just played with them. I know for a fact how much it hurts when a person you trusted most, hurt you. Who is she to play with people's emotions and feelings?

Everyone nodded in agreement. "Hey Mark! I didn't realize you were here! Come here my bro!" Vee suddenly said in a loud voice which made me look back at him. It seems like he just realized right now that I was here. He placed his arm on my shoulder and used his strength to pull me in closer to him.