Keys to Unlock Scriptures

We're like a baby that needs nourishment and that is the Word of God.
It's hard to know how to start especially when you're still new in Christ. There are things that is already part of our daily lives that we need to change.
(1 Peter 2:2)

Desire will give us the strength in our spiritual life. It is also essential that there is someone who will guide us through God.

(1 Thessalonians 2:13) Like children we need to find our identity.

There are four unreliable sources that people often use instead of scriptures :

1. Culture (Exodus 23:2)
The church have biblical standards that we need to follow. We should follow the standard of the Bible but the world is trying to change it. Set your mind on things above and don't join the bandwagon. Not all things that most people do or practice is right. As Christians let us not compromise to what the world demands. It can wreck our faith. Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong.

2. Tradition (Mark 7:8)
Most people follow tradition just because they're used to it even if they don't really understand why and what and for who they are doing it for. Most traditions conflicts the Bible. Many people believed traditions are one source of authority in our lives. It should only be the Bible that we'll give authority in our life.

3. Reason (Proverbs 16:25)
Well it seems logical and reasonable. Eradicate your human reason. The right authority is to know and learn the Bible. The human reasoning oppose to the standard of the Bible.

4. Personal Feelings (John 21:25)
People in the US would like to say. "I believe it because I feel it." We should not base our feelings by the things we see, even love. Love is not a feeling but a decision. Feelings fade so if it fade, it's not love. God's love for us is not a feeling but a decision. That no matter how sinful we are God still chose to love us.

The Most Reliable Source is God's Word that overrule the 4 mistakes we make in following the Scriptures.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
(Proverbs 30:5)

Every word of God is flawless.

[What A Beautiful Name - Hillsong Worship]