Surrender What You Can't Control

HOPE HOUR

07Aug2020 Friday

SURRENDER WHAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL

* If you want to come through a crisis like a global pandemic with your emotional health intact, you'll need to learn to control what's controllable in your life and trust God for the rest.

* God is active in your mental, spiritual, and emotional health.

* He wants you to make wise choices based on his guidance from the Bible and through prayer.

* And then, when you encounter something out of your control, you can surrender it to God and trust him to work it out for good.

* There is a great biblical example of this with Abraham: "You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did" (James 2:22 NIV).

* It's easy to go to extremes with this.

* For instance, you can say it's all up to God and become passive to the point where you do nothing.

* On the other hand, you can act like God doesn't play a part in your life and assume everything depends on you.

* Both extremes are wrong.

* Maintaining good physical health is about balance, and the same is true with emotional health.

* Find a balance that helps you recognize what's in your control and then make wise decisions, based on God's guidance as you read his Word and talk to him in prayer.

* And, learn to let go of those things that only God can handle.

* You may have said the same thing during this time we're living in.

* "So do all who live to see such times; but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

* All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you.

* There are a lot of things in your life you have no control over.

* You can't control the pandemic or how the government and other people handle it.

PRAYER

Father God, I can't control the circumstances of life, but I can choose how I will respond—and that will make all the difference. You are always there to help me make that choice. Thank You, Lord. Amen.