Real Faith is more than what you Feel!

HOPE HOUR

28July2020 Tuesday

REAL FAITH IS MORE THAN WHAT YOU FEEL

* Right now it's estimated that over 5.2 million families in the Philippines are hungry. 

* Some of them need food. 

* Some of them are wondering how they'll pay their rent or mortgage. 

* And they need to know that they're not forgotten, that they can count on others for support.

* It's not enough to just tell them how sorry we are for their circumstances. 

* Or to send out a tweet with a pious cliché.

* Empathy isn't enough. 

* They need real help.

* James says real faith is more than well wishes

* Imagine if you walked up to someone in a food line and said, "Hey, I feel for you. Hang in there. Cheer up. Don't worry, be happy." 

* Doesn't that ring hollow in such desperate circumstances? 

* They don't just need your words; they need food.* Genuine faith is practical. * It gets involved in people's needs

* Jesus demonstrated this kind of faith. * He didn't just empathize with our pain and predicament. 

* He came to earth to do something about the sin that separated us from God.

* 1 John 3:17 says, "Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God's love is not living in that person" (NCV).

* Genuine faith produces compassion. 

* It says, "I will help you with your burden and show you the love of Christ." * Our faith is seen by what we do.

PRAYER * Father God, I understand that my response to the pain of the people in my community will show the world what I believe. Thank You, Lord. Amen.