𝚃𝚠𝚘

The curly haired boy groaned as he plopped down onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling as he let out a long sigh. After staring at nothing for a good five minutes, the boy got up and started to change into his pajamas.

He was just pulling on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top when he heard the front door open and close again. Footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hallways revealed his older brother as he passed the boy's open door.

"Hey," Stiles said as he glanced in the room, stopping to lean against the doorframe. "Didn't think you'd be awake."

King shrugged. "Yeah. How was camping?"

The older boy froze momentarily. Of course he wanted to tell everything that was going on to the boy. I mean, he was his little brother. But Stiles didn't want him getting swept up in all the chaos that was his life; he wanted him to have the normal high school experience he never got to have.

"Good, good. Very...naturey." The boy said after a few moments of silence. Seeing the look his brother was giving him, he decided to change the subject. "Dad working still?"

Kingston nodded. "I think so. Though, he should've home soon; he seemed pretty tired when I saw him earlier."

"Saw him earlier? What, did you stop by the station?" His brother asked with furrowed brows.

The younger boy bit the inside of his cheek, a small, evil smirk making its way to his face; it was the same look he always would give in one of two situations. One, he was planning something. Or two, he got in to some sort of trouble; trouble that he wasn't necessarily upset about.

"I kinda got caught speeding by pops earlier tonight."

"How fast? Like ten over?"

King sighed softly as he sat down on the edge of his bed, shirt forgotten. "Sixty in a thirty five."

Stiles' eyes widened. "Si-sixty? Were you trying to kill yourself, or...?"

"Joyride." He said with a shrug, repeating the words he had said to his father.

Wanting to just drop the situation, the older boy nodded, adjusting the strap to the bag he had over his shoulder. "I'm not even going to ask." He mumbled before starting to walk away. Before he could leave, however, he quickly rushed back. "Oh, don't forget about tryouts tomorrow."

Kingston groaned and fell back onto his bed, putting his hands over his eyes. "Do I have to go?"

"Yes." Stiles said sternly. "You lost the bet. You have to go and you have to try."

A few weeks ago, the two brothers made a bet against who would win in the latest WWE match. If Stiles lost, he had to join his younger brother on his morning runs for two weeks. If Kingston lost, he had to tryout for the lacrosse team, and he had to actually try.

The younger of the two Stilinski brothers used to play the sport in elementary school, and he was actually pretty good at it, but he dropped it when he got to middle school. He played it for his entire childhood, but it didn't hold as much interest with him anymore. Granted, he was more interested in it now that he was older, but he never wanted to join the team, despite Stiles' pleading. It seems it finally worked.

"Fine." Kingston said after a while of silence, not able to handle his older brother's death glare on him any longer. "Fine. Whatever."

The older boy fist pumped wildly before bidding goodnight to his younger brother and heading off to his own room, flicking the hallway light off as he went.

The curly haired boy just sighed deeply before sitting up. He closed his bedroom door and crawled into bed, flicking the lamp off as he settled in. Tomorrow was the first day of his sophomore year. At sixteen, the youngest Stilinski was supposed to be entering his junior year, but his father kept him out of preschool for another year, setting him a year behind.

He wasn't sure what it was, but Kingston couldn't shake the feeling that this year was going to be a lot different than last year.