𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"What's happening to us?" Malia's voice called out.

The other female in the room seemed just as panicked as the first. "Scott? I can't...I can't see."

"Me either..." The alpha called out, just as worried as his friend.

Suddenly, footsteps were heard outside before Stiles' voice came muffled through the wall. "Hey, Scott? Scotty?" He yelled, hoping his friends were still alive inside. "In the vault, in there with you-- it's called reishi mushrooms."

To Kingston, nothing could be heard inside the room, not even the yelling of his brother. His breathing was slowing with each second that passed, his body growing weaker and weaker.

"Scott? Scott, open the door! It's in there with you! It's in a jar, it's on one of the shelves." The spastic boy hollered, hitting his fists against the door when he got no reply. "Scott! Scott, can you hear me?"

"Reishi," Kira whispered softly when she heard what he was calling for. "Scott, I saw it... in a jar, one of the shelves..."

The alpha slowly lifted his head, knowing he would be the only one to have enough strength to find it. So, he pulled himself up and waved his hand around, hoping to find a shelf. When he did, he used it to hoist himself up.

He wasted no time in shoving things around, hoping to find what Stiles was calling for. Before he could react, his arm swept the jar in particular, sending it flying to the floor with the sound of shattering glass.

In an instant, Kingston felt as the weight that was crushing the air out of his lungs was lifted, all of the strength that had been taken from his body returning in an instant. The boy lifted himself onto his hands and knees, coughing out violently as he tried to get air back into his lungs.

The door to the vault slid open and Stiles rushes through, seeing Scott standing there waiting for him. The boy wasted no time in wrapping his arms around his best friend. But the alpha noticed the blood smearing his face.

Pulling back, the werewolf furrowed his brows at the other boy. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you later." The human said, patting his friends back before pulling away and scanning the room, seeing his brother his head forehead pressed against the cool pavement, breathing heavily. He rushed over and placed a hand on his shoulder, startling the boy. "Hey, it's ok."

Kingston's brows furrowed together as he saw the splatter of red across the older boy's face. "Are you alright?"

Stiles nodded. "I'm alright." He answered. "Are you alright?"

Giving his brother a small smile, the sixteen year old nodded. "I'm alright."

In an instant, both boys had wrapped their arms around the other, seeming to breathe out a collective sigh of relief that the other was still alive and breathing, though both had had close calls today alone. After a moment, Stiles was the one to pull away and stand, reaching his hand out to help the younger up into his feet.

"Guys, we have to go." Scott called out to the brothers, causing them both to turn and look. "They opened the school; people are looking for us."

Both of the boys nodded before Kingston left his brother's side, making his way towards his alpha, where he stood by Kira's side. Together, the three of them left the vault, making their way through the basement and towards the stairs.

☘︎︎

The main hallway of the school was packed with parents, students, and cops alike, as well as the doctors and CDC workers. The trio gentle pushed their way through the crowds, smiling occasionally at their fellow classmates who had gotten infected, now looking as healthy as they were this morning.

The sophomore's green eyes frantically scanned the crowds, until the certain smell of a cheap cologne hit his nose and he stopped momentarily. It only took a few seconds before he caught sight of the boy in particular, who was standing near the entrance beside his father.

"Liam!" He called out over the murmurs of the crowd, brushing past Scott and rushing up to the group. A look of relief seemed to pass over the freshman's face, as well as his dad's.

It was only seconds later that he was right in front of the boy, wrapping his arms around the other beta, who returned the hug with a soft sigh of relief. Knowing there were eyes on them, they pulled away, reluctantly, after a few seconds.

The sheriff placed a hand on his youngest son's shoulder. "Come here, kid." He said before pulling the boy into a hug, his worry washing away.

"I'm sorry." The brunette whispered into his dad's shoulder, the regret clear in his voice. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

At his words, Noah furrowed his brows and pulled away, looked at the kid with a confused expression. "Tell me what?"

Despite the slight fear bubbling up in his chest, Kingston took a deep breath. After looking around, and seeing no one was really paying attention to them, he locked eyes with his father. It only took a few seconds before his eyes started glowing their odd, marbled color. As the man's eyes widened slightly, he allowed them to go back to their soft green, patiently awaiting for his reaction.

"When did..." The sheriff said after a few moments, stuttering over his words. "How did-"

"I'll tell you later." The youngest Stilinski said. "But I just...didn't want to keep it from you anymore." A brief pause followed. "Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad." Noah said quickly.

"You're not?"

Much to the surprise of the two betas, the man let out a soft chuckle. "Of course not. Werewolf or not, your my son. Always have been, always will be."

At his words, a grateful smile came across King's face before he wrapped his arms around the sheriff once more, embracing him tightly. But the two were quickly interrupted by Scott appearing next to them.

"Sorry to bother you." He said sheepishly to Noah before his eyes turned to his second beta. "We need to go."

Liam, who had been silent the whole time, furrowed his brows before speaking. "Go? Go where?"

"Deaton thinks he has answers for us." The alpha told them, glancing at the blonde before looking back to King. "For you."