𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

It had been hours, yet the curly haired beta hadn't left Liam's side, not even when everyone else had left. He wanted to be here when the blonde boy woke up. He didn't want to leave him alone. So, there he stood, at one in the morning, raking his fingers gently through the boy's short hair.

He was in such a trance watching the way the light colored strands filtered through his fingers that he didn't even realize that the younger boy had opened his eyes, the blue orbs staring curiously up at the boy standing beside him. Not wanting him to stop his soothing actions, he stayed silent and decided to just watch.

But, sadly to him, King's eyes drifted down and he stiffened when he saw the freshman boy looking up at him, the ghost of a smile on his lips. "Hey..." The older of the two said awkwardly, his fingers still laced in the other's blonde hair as he stood relatively still.

"Don't stop...that feels good." Liam said with a small smile. His words caused the brunette to shake his head but, nonetheless, continue to thread his fingers in and out of his blonde hair. "How long was I out?"

"Just a couple hours." The Stilinski shrugged off, his eyes glued onto the movements his hand was making. He seemed to be slowly slipping back into his trance, as if the movements were hypnotizing him. "How are you feeling?"

The younger boy sighed softly. "Do I even have to answer that? You've been through this before."

This earned a soft laugh from the older beta, along with a sly smile. "Yeah, but I also wasn't stuck in a well for twelve hours." He paused, his smile dropping ever so slightly. "Seriously...how are you?"

Liam sighed softly. "I've been better."

The two boys fell silent as the older of the two pulled a chair up to the exam table the blonde laid on, his hand returning almost immediately to the other boy's hair. He threaded the strands through his fingers; it was calming to both boys.

To the younger because it felt soothing to have someone just run their fingers through his hair; it almost felt as if he was being lulled back to sleep.

To Kingston because it was reassurance. Reassurance that the freshman boy was still with him. That he was alive and he was going to be okay.

Liam seemed to catch the distant look in the brunette's eyes and he furrowed his brows, reaching out and resting his hand gently on the boy's bicep. "Hey." He said softly, causing the other's green eyes to slowly drift over to meet his blue ones. "I'm alright."

A small smile came to the sixteen year old's face. "I know." The smile seemed to falter before he let out a soft sigh. "I was just really worried."

"I'm going to be alright, King." Liam said again, giving the older boy's arm a gentle squeeze before letting his hand come back to his side.

"I know." He said again, his eyes returning to the hand that was tangled in the boy's blonde locks.

It wasn't long before their comfortable silence was broken by the soft buzzing of the boy's phone. Furrowing his brows, the Stilinski reached into his pocket and dug the device out. What he saw was the last thing he expected to see.

Lydia: We cracked the rest of the Deadpool

Lydia: Stiles knows

☘︎︎

He had never been in more of a rush to get to Scott's house. His black Camero never went below forty as he sped through the quiet town, seeing as it was almost two in the morning at this point. His heart pounded in his chest as he drove, drowning out the soft rumble of the engine.

As he pulled up to the alpha's house, he saw that the blue Jeep and it's driver hadn't arrived yet. The boy wasted no time in getting out of his car and rushing into the house, scaring the living daylights out of Melissa.

She jumped and spun around, holding her hand over her chest. Upon seeing who it is, the nurse let out a deep sigh of relief. "King. Doesn't your father teach you to knock?"

The brunette boy turned sheepish, realizing he did just barge into their home practically unannounced . "Uh...Scott invited me over. I didn't know you were here."

The woman just sighed and gestures for the boy to head upstairs, which he complied to, taking the steps two at a time. When he got there, Scott's bedroom door was cracked over and he was sitting anxiously on the foot of his bed.

He didn't both lifting his gaze from where it was, staring blankly in front of him, but he didn't really need to. He knew who it was; if it wasn't the voice he had just heard, it was the scent of the boy's naturally woodsy smell and musky cologne.

Neither had a chance to speak before the sound of tires on pavement was heard, quickly getting closer before the car was turned off just outside the house. A door was opened and closed as quick and heavy footsteps made their way towards the door.

"He's here." Scott told the younger boy solemnly.

Kingston nodded. "I know." He said as he moved to stand beside the bed, his arms crossed loosely over his chest.