𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

"Is three enough?" Malia questioned as the pack was gathered around the laptops set on the dining table. After coming up with a plan, Scott had messaged his betas to meet at his house, where the senior supernatural creatures already were. Plus Stiles.

"Depends on how many cameras they have...but I think so." The older Stilinski said, nodding at the girl.

Liam let out a soft sigh, scanning everyone's faces. Since hearing the plan, the blonde seemed to be a little on edge. "Are we really doing this?"

The alpha nodded. "We're doing it." He said, looking at everyone gathered in his house. "Tonight."

"But isn't this kinda dangerous?"

"It's incredibly dangerous." Stiles said, looking at the freshman boy.

"And borderline idiotic." King backed him up.

Liam glanced between the two brothers with an unsettled look before turning to his alpha. "Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous?" The first-born Stilinski asked.

"Or something idiotic?" The younger replied in a similar tone.

Kira, who was watching fro across the table, sighed and turned to the youngest of them all. "I think the answer is a 'yes' to both." Her words caused the siblings to smirk at one another.

"You don't have have to be a part of it if you don't want to." Scott's voice interrupted them, gaining everyone's attention.

"I'm not scared." Liam countered, though any supernatural in the room could smell his nerves.

His words earned a small scoff from the human in the group. "Then you're borderline idiotic." When he didn't get a reply, he let out a soft sigh and turned to look at the rest of the group. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

Kira seemed to be the only one out of the group who was nervous about this plan. Except maybe Stiles, but when wasn't he a spaz? "How do we know something's definitely coming?" The girl asked, turning to her boyfriend. Are they even a technical thing? Who knows.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said 'visual confirmation required'." Scott told her, before his best friend cut in before he could speak again.

"Simon said the same thing." He said. "He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So, the idea is: what if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send the proof?"

The kitsune nodded as she finally seemed to get it. "You don't get paid?"

Liam glanced over at his alpha. "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?"

"This guys is running a hit-list." The older beta spoke up, his arms crossed as he examined the equipment laid out on the table in front of them. "He can't risk someone calling in and not providing proof, expecting a payment. You know how many calls he'd get? How much money he'd lose?"

"King's right." The older of the brothers spoke, nodding to the group. "Especially if it's someone high on the list."

"So, if he wants visual confirmation..." The blonde boy said, catching on.

"He'll have to come himself." Scott said, his voice laced with determination.

☘︎︎

The four teenagers entered the cool air of the Beacon Hills Hospital, glancing around nervously, attempting to not draw attention to themselves. And they were going good, until a loud ringing came from the sophomore's bag.

Stiles spun around and looked at his younger brother with wide eyes, seeing the boy digging hurriedly through his backpack. "Moe, come on, man."

"Sorry." The curly haired boy said as he grabbed onto the small device, pulling it out. He groaned softly as he saw Gabe's name displayed on the screen before he quickly hit decline. But that didn't work, as the boy called back before King could even put his phone away. "Fuck. I gotta take this."

The group nodded to the boy before Stiles casually leaned against the wall, watching his little brother walk away, pressing the phone to his ear, with a soft sigh.

"Hey," The younger Stilinski said once he believed he was far enough away not to be eavesdropped on. "What's up?"

"I don't know, King. What is up?" The other boy's voice came through the other end. "I mean, you're only two hours late."

And it hit him. "Shit. I was supposed to meet you and Seb at the library. That was tonight?"

"Yes, that was tonight. You promised you'd show up this time."

This time. Kingston noted the way he said it. Last time, he called off because he had to talk with his brother about his lycanthropy, and the time before was after the scrimmage, when the brunette was laid up in the vet's office.

"Listen, I have something important I'm doing right now, but I'll try and make it after." The boy tried to compromise, rubbing his eyes stressfully. "I promise."

"You said that last time!" The boy on the other end practically yelled before some mumbling was heard in the background and he lowered his voice. "What is going on with you, K?"

"I'll explain it soon." There was a moment of silence between the two friends. "I promise." With that, the boy quickly hung up before Gabriel could protest, shutting his phone off and sticking it in the bag.

Taking a deep breath, he returned to the group. Well, where the group was; the only person left was Liam, who looked up as he heard the footsteps drawing closer to him.

"Hey." King said softly, pulling his backpack strap up with a small smile.

"When are you going to tell them?" The blonde spoke, keeping his voice even. Not mad, just curious. "Scott said you could, but you haven't. Why?"

"Why haven't you told Mason?" The older boy shot back before turning into the room when he could see the two seniors set up, putting the conversation to rest.

At least for now.

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
ǫᴜɪᴄᴋ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴡʜᴀᴛ sᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴋɪɴɢ
ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ??