𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

He had never felt so weak. Not in a long, long time at least. His head was pounding and it felt hard to catch his breath, despite him laying peacefully against the stone stairs. The boy could hear his phone buzzing on the concrete beside him, but he couldn't find the will to answer it. Instead, he just laid with his eyes closed.

"You know," Stiles' voice echoed throughout the room, though his younger brother didn't turn to look at him. "This is where it all started. That's where the money was; One hundred and seventeen million in bearer bonds."

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" The kitsune of the group questioned from her place next to Scott.

"Bank, I guess. They just let it sit here, collecting dust." The older Stilinski let out a soft sigh. "You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?"

"Why does it matter?"

"You know how many problems that money could solve?"

"For you?"

Stiles was quick to answer. "Me, my dad. The Eichen House and MRI bills are killing him. Not to mention the boarding school expenses." He trailed off slightly. His eyes moved over to look at his brother, who the human assumed was asleep. "He tries to keep it together, for King's sake, but...he's drowning."

The words cause a twinge of guilt to enter the younger boy's heart. Months ago, during what Kingston now knew was the Nogitsune attacks, the sheriff had sent his younger son away to a boarding school in San Fransico. The man didn't want him to end up in the supernatural, but it seems it was inevitable. But now he had a debt to pay.

"My mom does this thing," The alpha of the group spoke up. "She writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, and then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until...we lose the house."

At those words, the room fell into silence, no one quite knowing what to say. And, in the silence, Kingston allowed himself to finally drift to sleep, his body feeling too week to keep him awake.

☘︎︎

Stiles sighed softly as he glanced over at both Malia and his younger brother, knowing it was going to be hard to leave the two of them. Especially in the state they were in. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forwards and rested a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"King," He said softly, shaking him. "Hey. King."

The boy groaned slightly and opened his eyes, seeing his older brother crouched down next to him. "Hey..." He groaned out, his voice scratchy and soft. "What's going on?"

"I have to go up there for a little bit. They notice you're gone and it's worse for you; you guys aren't getting any better." Stiles let out a soft sigh. "We think it's an assassin. But I'm going to get help, okay?"

Seeing the worry in the boy's eyes, Kingston nodded slowly. "Okay." He whispered. "Just please...be careful."

"And you stay strong." The older brother said before quickly wrapping his arms around his little brother. The two Stilinski's stayed in one another's embrace for a few seconds before Stiles pulled away, giving the younger boy a small smile before moving towards Malia.

He couldn't hear the words exchanged between the couple before the sixteen year old saw Stiles get up and move towards the entrance of the vault, looking back at the group before the door slid closed.

☘︎︎

"Malia..." The youngest werewolf heard his alpha say. Looking over, through blurred vision, he saw Scott moving towards the girl. "Malia?"

She looked up at him with a panicked expression. "I can't see." Her tone was frantic and terrified. "I can't see anything."

Kingston's eyes widened in worry. He turned to face his alpha, who had the same look that the boy did, before their eyes met. The beta shook his head and moved to rise to his feet. He only made it a few steps before his knees buckled from under him, causing him to groan in pain as he toppled into a nearby shelf.

"King." Kira said worriedly as she rushed to the boy's side. She grabbed the boy's arm and helped support his weight as she tried moving him back to his spot on the stairs. "Are you okay?"

The sophomore nodded slowly, allowing the girl to help move him. "Yeah, I just-" He couldn't finish as his strength completely went away and he fell to the ground, bringing Kira down with him.

Scott rushed over to them, helping Kira up before kneeling down beside his beta, helping him prop up against the steps. "Hey, what's going on? Are you alright?"

Kingston took a deep breath to calm his fear, shaking his head with his eyes squeezed shut. "I can't...I can't walk. I...I can't stand and I..." The boy's breathing was uneven as he rapidly shook his head.

"Hey, hey, hey." The alpha placed a hand on his shoulders, causing the younger of the two to look up at his, the worry clear in his eyes. "You're going to be fine. Ok? It's going to be okay."

It wasn't long, only moments, after that Kira stumbles into the wall, barely catching herself. "Scott?" She called out. "Scott, where are you?"

The senior boy glanced over his shoulder with worried brows and was about to go over there when he stopped in his tracks, stumbling over his own two feet and to the floor.

The sixteen year old had never felt more fear than in this moment. But he needed to help. He needed to do something. Using all his strength, he propped his arms on either side of him and pushed himself up, grabbing onto a shelf beside him. He was almost on his feet when the platform he was holding onto gave out, send the boy falling to the floor once more.

The boy laid on his stomach, watching chaos unfold around him before the entire scene turned to black. He felt as though the air was sucked from his lungs as he rested on the cold stone floor. These would be his last few moments, and he would have to come to terms with that.