𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

The two boys made their way out onto the courtyard a few minutes later, marching straight up to where they saw the new team gathering. Mason has joined them at some point along the way; when, King wasn't sure.

"Liam, wait." The colored boy said as he walked beside his best friend. "No, no, no."

The blonde ignored him and kept walking, causing Mason to stop as the sophomore kept following him. "Brett!" The freshman shouted.

"Ah, here we go." He could hear Mason mumble to himself, causing the brunette to chuckle lightly.

Liam, by this point, had stopped in front of who he assumed to be Brett, but the taller boy just stood there with a smirk on his face. The blonde's face was contorted into anger as he looked at the team in front of him. "I just wanted to say..." The freshman took a deep breath before holding out his hand. "Have a good game."

This caused the entire team, especially Brett to burst out laughing, only causing Liam's anger to rise. The player from other school looked away from his team and back to the blonde before him. "That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine?" He paused, his smile falling. "You demolished coach's car."

"I paid for it." The younger boy spat out, trying to control his anger. From a little ways away, Scott and Stiles stood, watching the two betas.

"Yeah, you're gonna pay for it." Brett said, taking a menacing step forwards. "We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's gonna be all...your...fault."

The sharp metallic scent of blood suddenly filled King's nostrils and he was quick to step in between the two boys, face Brett with a cold stare. "Alright. Let's calm down there. It's just a scrimmage."

"Who the hell are you? His little guard dog?" The tall boys asked before looking over the brunette's shoulder at the freshman. "You got an older boy fighting your battles now, Dunbar?"

"I don't fight any battles but my own. Same goes for Liam. So, I'd back up before I fight another one."

"King." Liam said harshly. "Just drop it."

Brett, hearing the other boy's words, scoffed. "King? You make people call you King? Egotistical, much?"

The Stilinski shrugged. "It's on my birth certificate, so why wouldn't I? Huh?"

"Well, King, you should listen to my warning. We will rip you apart out there...and you won't be able to stop it. Not you...or your little pet."

King felt his irritation towards the whole situation growing. And fast. Before he knew it, a low growl was building up in the back of his throat, coming out slightly as he glared up at Brett.

A second later, he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders and pull him back slightly. "Hey," Stiles said, keeping his arm secured around his little brother. "What's up prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. I see you've met my brother, King. Name's Stiles." He extended his free hand out to Brett, but his hand was ignored as the other boys looked down at him with furrowed brows. "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight, but let's keep it clean, all right? No rough stuff out there." He glanced around at the opposing team before nodding to himself. "All right, see you on the field." The older Stilinski turned him and his brother around, quickly ushering Scott away as he pulled King along with him. "Go, go."

The four boys ended up at the locker room. While Scott went ahead with Liam, the brunette boy stopped outside and turned to his brother. "Stay here, alright? I'll be right back."

King wanted to object, but knowing that his brother couldn't find out about him, not yet at least, just nodded and sank to the floor outside of the locker room, leaning his back against the wall as he listens in to the conversation.

"What do they call it?" Scott asked, probably referring to Liam's...slight anger issues.

"Intermittent Explosive Disorder." The freshman answered sheepishly.

"I.E.D.?" Stiles spoke up next, sounding amazed by what the boy had told them. "You're an I.E.D.? That's great. You gave powers to a walking time bomb." The boy said sarcastically.

Scott seemed to ignore him. "Did they give you anything for it?"

"Risperdal. It's an antipsychotic." The blonde answered, earning more mumbling from Stiles. "But I don't take it."

"Obviously!" The sarcastic boy stated, quite loudly.

"I can't play lacrosse on it. It makes me too tired."

The alpha sighed softly. "Okay. I think you should bail out if the game. Tell coach your leg is still hurting."

"No!" Liam said quickly. Shuffling was heard as he, presumably, rose to his feet. "No, I can do this." He paused. "Especially if you're there...and King."

Kingston felt his heart skip a beat. He didn't know how those words could effect him so much, but they caused a small smile to make its way onto the sixteen year old's face. He shook his head of his thoughts before focusing once more on the conversation.

"I don't know who ordered the keg." Liam was telling them. "But I know who paid for it."

"Wait, who was it?" Scott asked urgently.

"Garrett."