𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

The downstairs door was opened and more words were exchanged between the older Stilinski and the McCall woman before the footsteps were heard climbing the steps and making their way down the short hallway. A moment later, Stiles himself appeared in the doorway, flushed from his hurried pace. Or maybe anger; King wasn't sure.

His eyes glanced quickly over his brother before landing on the guilty looking alpha that still sat on his bed, his head tilted down and his hands folded. Scott felt bad, for more than one reason, and it was clear even to his best friend.

"You want to explain to me why the hell my little brother is on a supernatural hit list?" The spastic boy demanded, cutting right to the chase. "Hmm?"

"I'm sorry." The tan boy said softly, slowly lifting himself off of his bed and looking at his friend. "I meant to tell you. I did. But then..." He paused, trying to find the right words. "Then the Deadpool came out and there didn't seem to be the right time to tell you."

"So, instead, you let me find out through said Deadpool?" Stiles challenged, his tone full of irritation. "Good thinking, Scott." His eyes traveled over to his brother, who stood silently in the corner, and his gaze softened to one of pure hurt. "King, why didn't you tell me?"

Before the boy could answer himself, the McCall boy cut in. "I asked him not to." He said, drawing the boy's attention back to himself. "I'm so sorry. But I had no other choice." He paused, glancing back at his beta before looking to Stiles again, his voice dropping. "He would have died if I didn't."

"He could have died anyways." The older Stilinski challenged.

"I mean it, Stiles." Scott said. "If I didn't do anything, he would have died. At least this way, he had some chance at living."

The boy's eyes went back to Kingston, who still stood silently. In truth, he didn't quite know what to say. He felt bad for keeping this a secret for so long. And from his family, nonetheless. Though, his father probably suspected by now, after the whole berserker incident.

"What happened?" He asked, speaking to his brother once more. The alpha went to interject, but Stiles stopped him. "I asked him, not you."

The younger of the three boy's met his brother's eye. He couldn't take the look of hurt in them and quickly looked anywhere else on his face, not wanting to meet his eyes again. "Wendigo." The boy said. "The same one that attacked Liam."

The older brother nodded absentmindedly. "I want to see." He said suddenly, causing both other boys to look at him curiously. "The marks. I want to see what could have killed you. I know you have something."

King sighed and took a few steps towards the two boys (more so towards his brother) and removed his shirt, showing the three long slashed down his chest.

Stiles' eyes widened at the sight of it, his breath getting caught in his throat. Not taking his eyes off the marks, he took a step closer to his brother, analyzing the thin, white lines. His eyes drifted slowly over to the faint red one right between his pecs, his brows furrowing.

"What else happened?" He asked, his eyes lifting to his little brother's face.

"Garrett." King said flatly.

"It was wolfsbane." The alpha spoke again, hoping to clarifying things for the older Stilinski. "He managed to nick him, but luckily we got him to Deaton before any real harm could be done."

The room fell silent again as the spastic boy's eyes traveled over the scars adorning his brother's chest. Taking a deep breath, he realized Scott was right; his brother would have died if it wasn't for him. "Does..." He started, gulping down the lump that rose in his throat. "Does Dad know?"

"I haven't told him." King said with a small shake of his head, his loose curls bouncing slightly at the action.

"After the incident on the road," Scott spoke up, gaining both of the Stilinksi boys' attention. "I'm sure he suspects. But it's hard to tell until we talk to him."

The older brunette boy nodded and turned back to his brother, letting out another sigh. "Well, welcome to the club. The supernatural club of werewolves, banshees, and Deadpools."

"Wait," The youngest boy asked with furrowed brows. "You're not mad?"

"Oh, I'm furious...." He said, trialing off slightly. "I'm furious that you kept it from me. But I know you had you reasons." Stiles placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "And we're in this together. Always."

King smiled and nodded at his older brother. "Always."