𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

After the whole eye revelation, the kiss shared between the two betas was pushed to the back of their minds as the rushed to the school. When they got there, the lot was filled with cars, along with a couple police cruisers. King threw his jersey over his still bare torso and hopped out of the car, rushing towards the building with Liam at his side.

They weren't even inside yet when a nervous looking Kira rushed past them. She saw them and they both seemed to understand; she knew about the Deadpool. They all shared small nods before the two boys entered the high school.

They pushed through the small crowd assembled around the coach, who stood guarding the locker room, telling the team to keep a look out for Garrett and to inform him he was off the team. Because that's a big priority at the moment.

King was suddenly stopped before he could round the corner, seeing the tan boy they had been looking for talking with his dad. The curly haired boy didn't really listen to the conversation until he saw his own father join in, carrying a clear evidence bag in his hand.

"Sheriff," Agent McCall said, causing the older man to stop. "What is that? Is that the weapon?"

Noah nodded, holding up the bag for him to see better. "Yeah, it's a thermo-cut wire."

Realization seemed to dawn on the older McCall as he left the two he had been speaking to, calling out to Deputy Perish. Liam took this as an opportunity to approach his alpha, the brunette boy right behind him.

"Are you alright?" Scott asked King before looking around them. "Where's Kira?"

"I'm fine." The sixteen year old said with a small nod.

The youngest boy spoke next. "Kira took off; Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the Deadpool."

"Her mom's on it." The tan boy said sadly.

"Everyone's on it." Liam replied in the same tone, causing the curly haired boy to place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You're not." Scott said, looking between the two betas that stood before him. "Neither of you are."

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?"

Though he nodded in reply, the alpha didn't really seemed to be listening. At least, not to their conversation. His head was titled slightly as he eavesdropped in on what his FBI dad was saying to Violet. After a minute, as they were dragging the girl away, he tuned back in and looked at the boys in front of him.

"Come with me." He said before quickly walking away, heading towards the locker room, both boys right behind him.

The alpha told the two to keep a lookout. It wasn't a moment later that the sound of breaking metal was heard. King glanced over his shoulder and saw that the tan boy had ripped the lock right off Garrett's locker and was searching its contents.

"I think someone's coming." Liam said nervously from where he stood by the door. "Did you find anything?"

Both younger boys looked over to where their alpha was crouched down. The older boy looked up at the two and shook his head slightly, though something seemed off. At least in Kong's opinion.

"No." The alpha said cooly. "Nothing."

☘︎︎

"Dad!" The young brunette called out as he jogged down the hall, seeing the sheriff standing at the opposite end. Upon seeing his son, he let out a soft sigh in relief.

The older man wrapped his arms around the boy. "I was worried." He admitted as he pulled back, keeping his hands on the curly haired boy's shoulders.

"I'm fine." King reassured him, giving him a small smile. "I swear."

"Are you sure? I heard Garrett rammed you pretty hard and with everything that's been going on, I-"

"Dad." He interrupted, making his dad realize he was rambling. "I'm alright. Healthy as a horse."

The sheriff nodded and gave the boy one more pat on the shoulder before he rushed off to continue the investigation. As he did so, the young Stilinski saw a certain blonde boy sitting against the wall, holding his phone in his hand.

King approached him, his hands in his pockets. "Hey. You alright?"

Liam looked up at the boy and nodded slowly. "Yeah." He said, looking down at his phone again and shrugging. "My stepdad just isn't answering."

"Well, I can drive you home if you need a ride."

"Can you even walk straight?" The younger boy asked as he rose to his feet, giving the brunette a questioning look.

"Yeah. I'm fine." King shrugged off, lifting his jersey to show the incision made by the vet not long ago was already gone, leaving a barely visible scar. "Healing kicked in on the way here."

Liam nodded after that, agreeing to the boy's offer. The two grabbed their things, or what they could with the locker room being blocked by coach and the police, and made their way to the front of the school. The boys hopped in the car and, after being given directions to the Dunbar residence, King sped off into the night.

For the most part, the car ride was silent. Not an awkward silence, but more like one where both parties are thinking and not in the mood to talk. The radio played softly in the background, but it was only heard a little bit over the soft rumble the car made.

"I never thanked you." King spoke up, not bothering to look at the blonde boy, instead keeping his eyes on the road ahead.

The freshman seemed confused. "Thanked me? For what?"

"You saved my life." The brunette elaborated, this time sparing a glance at Liam, whose blue eyes looked curiously at the older boy. His eyes returned back to the road and he sighed softly. "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have got to Deaton in time. I would've..." He trailed off.

"Hey, it's fine." Liam said quickly, seeing the boy's unease. "I couldn't let you die." He paused for a moment and King swears he could hear the boy gulp. "You mean too much to me."

His words caused a small smile to come to the Stilinski's face as he, after a too short ride, pulled into the driveway of the blonde boy's house. "Well, here we are."

The other boy nodded, looking down at his hands. "Hey, me and Mason are going for a jog tomorrow morning." He spoke after a few moments of silence, lifting his head to see Kong's green eyes already on him. "You should come."

"Thanks for the offer, Dunbar." The older boy said with a grateful smile. "But I have to go in early for some makeup exam I missed. Otherwise, I'd love to."

Liam nodded once more before he grabbed his bag, opening the door. "Oh, alright." He stood up out of the vehicle. "See you tomorrow."

"See ya." The brunette boy replied as the door shut. He watched the younger boy until he disappeared into the house, his mind going back to what had happened earlier in the night. A smile came to his face as he backed out of the driveway and drove off.