𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

After dismissing themselves from the group, the werewolves rushed outside, Stiles following behind them. Though, from the look on his face, he seemed to have his mind on other things. Kingston pushed it off as the four piled into the human's blue Jeep, speeding away from the school.

The alpha, however, noticed his best friend's distraction, too. "Hey, Stiles?" He asked, earning only a soft hum in acknowledgement. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." The boy said a little too quickly. The car remained silent as the other boys gave him questioning looks, causing him to let out a sigh. "Malia found the list. It was...it was in my pocket."

"The Deadpool?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. And now she won't speak to me. I tried but she just walked off."

The sixteen year old looked confused as he glanced between the two. "What's so bad about the Deadpool? Besides it being, you know, a hit list?" He asked. "Aren't we all on it?"

"Yeah, but Malia..."

"Malia is Peter's daughter." Scott continued when the other senior couldn't seem to finish his thought, looking back at the two younger boys.

"Peter?" Kingston couldn't help but snark as the name left his tongue. "Peter Hale? The bastard who left me chained up in the loft on my first full moon? That Peter Hale?"

Gulping, the alpha nodded slowly. "Yep. That one."

The car was silent, except for the soft growl that left the younger of the two brothers as he leaned back against the seat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I hate that guy." He mumbled into the silence as the car continued down the town road.

☘︎︎

It wasn't long after that the four teenagers were stood around the exam table in the vet clinic, waiting for the older man to explain everything to them. He glanced around the group as he explained the virus they suffered from. Meanwhile, Kingston stood impatiently next to the blonde boy, his foot tapping lightly against the floor.

"As for you," The man's voice brought the boy into the conversation. "Let me see."

Swallowing the building lump in his throat, the boy allowed his wolf eyes to show, the glowing colors reflecting slightly in Deaton's own brown ones. The man hummed and nodded, allowing the boy to conceal them again.

"Do you know what caused it?" Scott questioned.

The vet nodded slowly. "I've only heard of it a few times before, but I've never actually seen it." He acknowledged before letting out a short, soft sigh. "It happens when one does or says something that leads directly to the cause of another's death, but doesn't come from their own hand."

Confused, Liam tilted his head, in a puppy-like way. "What does that even mean?"

Deaton sighed softly once more. "Let me put it this way. As a prank, you loosen a few bolts on your friend's car tire. That night, he gets into a fatal car crash, losing his life."

The alpha nodded slowly. "So, you're saying something that King did..."

"Led to the death of another?" Stiles continued, just as confused as Liam was.

As the druid nodded in confirmation, the sixteen year old felt his stomach bubbling with anxiety. His brows furrowed as he looked down at the metal table in front of him. He felt...guilty? That's the only way he could describe it.

Kingston felt someone place a hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off, not even turning to look at the hurt look he knew Liam was giving. He, instead, started heading towards the back door.

"Where are you going?" Stiles asked, worried for his little brother.

The other Stilinski shook his head as he pushed open the back door. "I have to get out of here." With that said, he disappeared into the outside world.