𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

Kingston, despite everything that happened last night, got to school earlier than he ever had, needing something to distract him from his rising irritation with Scott McCall and company. Speaking of the devil, a certain tan boy appeared by his side as the curly haired boy weaved through the crowded hallway.

"So," He said, pausing as if waiting for a reply before speaking up. "How'd it go?"

"Alright, but it was no thanks to those two buddies of yours." The younger boy said bitterly as they approached his locker. His alpha gave him a confused look. "Yeah, your helper abandoned me; left me with his uncle. And then, guess what? He left, too."

Scott furrowed his brows in confusion. "What? Listen, King, I had no idea. If I knew, I would've-"

"You would've what, Scott? Hmm?" The brunette snapped as he turned to face the junior. "You would've brought me to the lake house? You would've told, no...shown, Stiles what you did to me?" His question was met with nothing but silence and a sorry look from the alpha. He scoffed and shook his head, slinging his gym bag on his shoulder and slamming his locker shut, causing Scott to flinch slightly in surprise. "Just forget it. I can handle myself from now on. I don't need you or your help anymore."

The tan boy watched with slightly widened eyes as his second beta stalked away from him, shoving past kids and earning shouts of offense, but he just kept walking away.

☘︎︎

"You know how I keep reminding Garrett to give me my hoodie back?" Mason asked his friend as the two of them were in the weight room, getting in a short workout before class.

"Yeah..." The blonde said as he got off his bench to add more weight to the bar.

"Well, I remembered you said that he lived in a housing development on Spaulding, so I went there and guess what?" Liam gave his friend a look to go on as he moved back to the bench. "The housing development? Is still in development."

"So...?"

"There are no houses yet!" Mason stressed as he watched his friend. "So, unless the dude lives in some backhoe, there's something he's not telling us." Liam got up and added more weight to his bar as the colored boy continued on. "And then there's this other guy...he's been acting really strange; running to school for no reason, disappearing at parties. He used to be my best friend."

The whole time he was talking, Liam hadn't been paying attention in the slightest. He lets out a breath as he laid down, resting his hands on the bar.

Mason's eyebrows raised as he saw his friend getting ready to bench the bar. "And he's apparently on steroids."

This finally grabbed the blonde's attention. "What?"

"You're not actually going to bench that, are you?" He asked his friend, who sat up and glanced at the bar behind him before letting of a soft sigh. "Are you alright? I mean, is it about the game tonight?"

"I'm fine. It's just a scrimmage."

"You know who we're playing, right?"

Liam nodded immediately. "Yeah." When he saw the look his friend was giving him, he sighed. "I mean, no. I guess I missed the announcement."

"Liam...it's your old school. Devenford Prep." The irritated look of Liam's face dropped suddenly at the mention of his old school, but Mason had quickly forgotten the topic as he looked across the gym. "Ok, where did those come from?"

Confused, the blonde boy followed his gaze, which led him to looking at a certain sixteen year old who was benching, a blonde boy sitting beside him. Like Liam, he seemed to be lifting way more than he would've been able to a few days ago. But, as the boy sat up, the freshman saw that Kong's biceps were larger causing his eyes to go wide. A change like that didn't happen overnight.

"I take it back; you're not on steroids." Mason said, still ogling over the boy. "He's on steroids."

"What the hell?" Liam muttered to himself as he watched King stand up from his bench, adjusting his weight a little before he sat back down. The boy beside him smacked his shoulder, causing King to laugh.

As the sophomore boy used the bottom of his white t-shirt to wipe sweat from his forehead, Liam caught a glimpse of the ends three red slashes on his chest before the boy dropped his shirt again. That night seemed to come back to the blonde boy; he remembered feeling useless on the ground as he watched the creature claw into Kingston's flesh. Now that he thought back on it, the sixteen year old shouldn't have survived that kind of injury, but here he was, living and breathing.

"Someone's staring." A voice said from beside him, breaking Liam out of his trance as he turned to see a smirking Mason.

He quickly shook his head. "I wasn't staring."

"You totally were." The friend said again, his eyes glancing back to where King was. "But, I have to admit....he's not ugly."

"Far from it." Liam subconsciously muttered under his breath as he and Mason started gathering their things. Little did either of them know, a certain curly haired boy had heard their little remarks, a smirk playing at the corners of his mouth as he laid back down against the padded bench.