𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

"I'm telling you, I'm coach's favorite." King said with a small shrug as he set his bag and tray down at the table, his two friends sitting across from him.

"Maybe," Sebastian said. "Up until he saw you were related to Stiles. Also known as one of his most troubling students."

The brunette scoffed. "No, that's Greenberg." He snarked before taking a sip out of his water bottle, causing the other boy to roll his eyes. Gabe shook his head at the two of them, his eyes wandering curiously around the lunch hall. The Stilinski's green eyes saw his friend searching, causing a small smirk to come to his lips. "See anything you like?"

The blonde rolled his eyes. "I'm observing."

"Yeah, well you have fun with that." King said as he turned back to the tray in front of him.

"Who's that sitting over with Garrett?" Gabe said as he nodded in the direction of their table.

The older of the three boys turned to look, seeing the blonde boy from earlier sitting next to a dark skinned boy, across from Garrett and his girlfriend. "Oh, his name's Liam." King said, not taking his eyes of the group. "He's on the team. Pretty good actually." When the boy turned to face his two friends, they both wore smirks and knowing looks. "What?"

"You think he's cute?" Sebastian teased.

He rolled his eyes. "No." Silence from the two friends. "Fine, maybe he's attractive. But this year, I'm focusing on school and the team. No distractions."

☘︎︎

Kingston returned, once again, to the locker room after the last bell rung that day, tossing his backpack on the bench by his locker. It was basically empty, with the expectation of maybe three people and Coach Finstock, who was sulking in his office.

The boy had just changed out of his clothes and into his tryout gear when a bag was set down on the bench beside him. He glanced over his shoulder to see Liam standing at his locker, getting ready. He could tell the boy was slightly on edge, seeing as the last time he was in here, he was being interrogated by two juniors.

Sighing, the brunette looked over at the younger boy, sitting down on the wooden bench to lace up his shoes. "I'm sorry about what happened this morning." He spoke up, causing Liam to turn to him. "With Stiles and Scott."

Though he seemed confused, the freshman just shrugged. "It's no big deal. What were they so curious about anyways?"

"Who knows." The older boy shrugged. A few moments of silence passed between the two before the brunette stuck his hand out to the new kid. "I'm King, by the way. King Stilinski."

"Liam Dunbar." He replied, shaking his hand for a few seconds before returning to his gear. "Is your name really King?"

The boy laughed softly. "It's a nickname. I've had it ever since I was young. Since no one outside of my family could pronounce my real name, we just resorted to my middle name; Kingston."

"Oh. Well, cool name."

Before either boy could say anything else, a sharp whistle was heard throughout the locker room, grabbing both boys' attention. Coach Finstock stood outside his open office door with a clipboard in hand. "As a reminder, this is an open tryout today; all positions open. This is a rebuilding season, people!" The man started flipping through some of his papers. "Jackson's gone, Lahey's gone. Greenberg, the one guy I actually wanted gone, got held back...again." He looked around the room at the players. "Get your asses on the field!"

Kingston rolled his eyes and grabbed his stick from his locker. He gave a small nod and smile to Liam before following the other players out onto the field, where they immediately started tryouts. They ran, tackled, shot and passed. The whole time, the younger Stilinski couldn't help but feel content, as if he was back in his element.

The boy had just finished his last lap, coming in right behind Liam in fifth place, but he could hear coach's disappointed tone from where he cooled down. "Terrible. Horrifying. Pathetic. Unbelievably pathetic." He sighed as he looked down at his stopwatch. "Is that everyone?"

As he spoke, Stiles came up, panting uncontrollably as h tried to catch his breath. Not even a second later, the brunette boy was on the ground, groaning in pain. Scott came over and held up his wheezing friend, who glared at Liam. The blonde boy was still working hard, despite having just ran, and doing push-ups one after another. King sat beside him, his back to the grass as he laughed at something the younger boy had said.

"He isn't human." Stiles complained through breaths. "What is he? Like a were-cheetah? Does that even exist? Is that a thing?"

Scott scoffed softly. "I think he's just that good." He said truthfully, the hint of a smile on his face. "Him and King seem to be getting along."

"King gets along with everybody." The older brother said. "I'm gonna puke. Take me somewhere."