𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

The four boys entered the hospital half an hour later, Scott walking up to talk to the receptionist as the Stilinski brothers helped hold up the younger boy. King wasn't really paying attention until a certain brunette woman appeared from around the corner.

The tan boy looked up sheepishly as he saw her. "Uh, hi mom." He said, earning a disappointed look from the nurse.

It wasn't long after that Liam was being placed in a wheelchair by Mrs. McCall. "Don't worry, Liam, well take good care of you."

Kingston sighed softly as he watched the younger boy get wheeled away, not able to help the feeling in his stomach that unsettled him. Turning, he faced the two older boys to see Stiles glancing down at his phone before looking at the others.

"I got to get going; I promised Malia I'd help her study." Stiles told his best friend before turning to his little brother. "You want a ride?"

He shook his head, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Nah, I want to make sure he's ok. I can have Scott drop me off at my car or something."

Scott nodded. "Yeah. I want to check on him, too."

King was distracted from their conversation by the growling of his own stomach. Sighing, he excused himself from the two and went out in search of a vending machine. He was just about to approach one when he heard a voice call out to him.

"King!" It said, causing the curly haired boy to turn. The door just beside him was open, revealing Liam himself laying on a bed next to a dark skinned doctor.

"Hey." The boy said as he walked into the room, a small smile on his face. "What's up?"

"This is my stepdad." The freshman boy said as he gestured to the man beside him.

The brunette teen smiled at the doctor, holding out his hand. "Kingston Stilinski." He said kindly as the man shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Doctor Geyer." The man introduced himself with a smile that matched the boy's. "So, you're the boy Liam speaks so highly about?"

King raised his brows and looked to the boy who was laying on the bed, seeing the younger's eyes wide and his face red in slight embarrassment. "I was telling him about tryouts." He defended himself quickly.

"He says this is your first year trying out for the team?" The man asked, tucking his clipboard under his arm as the Stilinski nodded. "How'd you get so good?"

"I was on the team in elementary. Dropped it when I went into middle school."

"Well, from what I've heard, you've got one hell of a future, kid." With that said, the doctor pat the brunette on the back before leaving the two boys alone.

King turned to face the other kid with a teasing smile. "So, you talk about me?"

The boy rolled his eyes. "Shut up."

This caused the older boy to laugh as he sat down in a chair next to the bed, kicking his feet up into the mattress as he leaned back. "What's the verdict?"

"X-rays." Liam sighed. "I really think it's broken, though."

"You never know. Could seem worse than it really is."

A small smile made its way to the freshman's face. "Yeah, sure." There was nothing but silence for a while before Liam spoke up again. "So, what is your actual first name?" The other boy gave him a look of slight confusion. "You said they call you King because no one can pronounce your real name. What is it?"

The Stilinski boy chuckled lightly. "You ready for this?" He asked with a smile, earning a nod from the blonde. "Dujhamoevic."

"Dugahmovick?" The blonde said, trying to repeat the name back to the boy.

King couldn't keep his laughter in as he shook his head. "Close enough."

"No, I want to get it." Liam urged with a smile on his face. "Come on, run me through it."

Little did the two boys know, just outside the door, Scott was listening in. He had never heard King really talk like this to anybody. Sure, when he was with Gabe or Seb, but never anyone else. Despite popular belief, the younger Stilinski was a pretty closed off person; he had been ever since his mom passed. So, it was interesting to see how he joked around so easily with Liam brought a small smile to the Alpha's face.

☘︎︎

The two boys kept on laughing and joking with one another as the night went on, but their conversation was cut off as a loud...yell?...shook the building. Both boys turned with curious eyes towards the door. King was the first to get up. He slowly walked over and peered into the hallway, not a single person in sight.

"Hello?" He called out, only to receive no reply. Deciding to let it go, he turned around to be met immediately by Liam, who was hopping out of his room and into the hallway. "Liam, you're not supposed to be up."

Ignoring him, the blonde looked both ways down the hallway. "Hey!" He called out. "Anyone hear that?" When he, too, got no reply, he furrowed his brows together. "I thought I heard someone." He muttered under his breath.

"Come on. Let's get you back to bed."

Neither could take a step before a low growling noise turned their attention towards the end of the hallway. The person that had just came around the corner was covered in deep crimson stains, the red liquid still wet around his mouth. King's eyes widened, but before he could react, the...thing...ran towards them.

The boy dodged out of the way, but the creature wasn't going to him. It was going for Liam. And it got him and started dragging him up the emergency stairwell, heading towards the roof.

The brunette wasted no time in running after them, getting out onto the roof just seconds after. But what he saw was...nothing. There was nobody. At least, he didn't see anyone. Maybe that's why the force that knocked him to the ground took him so by surprise.

He didn't even have time to react before the creature pinning him down slashed at him, leaving three deep gashes going from the boy's shoulder until the middle of his torso. King howled in pain as the thing got off of him, returning to Liam. The curly haired boy groaned loudly, the burning pain in his chest being much more than he's ever experienced before. He could feel the blood pooling beneath him as his vision blurred around the edges. He was losing blood...and fast.

He couldn't comprehend what was happening around him until he heard Liam's howl of pain, and it was the last sound he heard before his whole world turned to darkness.