𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Kingston woke up before his alarm the next morning for reasons unknown. Granted, it was only ten minutes, but that was ten minutes of sleep he could've gotten. Sighing, he got up and started getting ready, taking a quick shower to wake himself up.

Twenty minutes later, he was bounding down the steps, almost smacking into his brother at the bottom, who stood talking with their dad. The man looked exhausted, having worked late into the night, but was dressed in his uniform anyways.

"You both taking off?" He asked as Kingston grabbed his keys off the table, both boys nodding. "Why don't you just drive together?" The brothers shared a look before facing the older man. "Forget it. Get to school."

"Don't forget," Stiles said as he stepped towards the door, his brother right behind him. "Me and King have tryouts after school."

"Tryouts?" Noah said, looking to his youngest. "You're trying out?"

The boy shrugged. "I lost a bet. Besides, maybe it'll be something to keep me out of trouble." With that said, the boy turned and followed his older brother out of the house.

☘︎︎

Beacon Hills High School was flanked with students as the boy pulled his car into its spot, cutting the engine. He didn't even have a moment to grab his bag before there was a knocking at his window. Turning, he saw Gabriel standing outside his window with a goofy grin on his face, Sebastian by his side.

Rolling his eyes, Kingston grabbed his backpack and the small gym bag he had. The boy hopped out of the car, locking it as he made his was towards the school.

"Woah, what's with the sports bag?" The blonde asked with furrowed brows, eyeing the extra bag his friend was carrying. "You're not trying out, are you?"

"Is that so hard for everyone to believe?" Kingston sighed. "Look, I lost a bet to my brother. That's the only reason I even considered the team. But, hey, it might be a good distraction this year."

"Distraction from what?" Both boys questioned in sync with one another, causing them to look at the other with a disgusted expression.

Seeing the exact thing that he needed distraction from, Kingston stopped in his place and leaned back on his feet slightly. He tried to bite back a smirk, but couldn't help himself. "From Talia Jones."

The two friends followed the boy's gaze, seeing that his green eyes were locked on the blonde girl in the distance, talking to her group of prissy girls, oblivious to the three sets of eyes on her.

"Oh, no." Gabe said, grabbing the boy's arm and leading him towards the school. "We are not going down that rabbit hold again."

"Come on. Let me have some fun." The brunette complained playfully, shoving the boy's grip off of his bicep. "After all, I only got one life."

"Well, have some fun with somebody else. You are not going back to Talia. Not until I'm six feet under."

"That can be arranged." King mumbled playfully, earning an elbow to his side, only causing him to laugh.

"Besides," The blonde continued on. "You have a whole new crop of freshman. Go for one of them."

At his friend's words, the three entered into the high school, immediately seeing all the younger kids crowding the hallways, seeming to be excited, lost, or scared shitless. Kingston almost chuckled at the thought, seeing quite a few people that sparked his interest. Yes, people. Not girls. What? A guy can't go for both?

"Look at all these freshman." Sebastian said as he scanned the new faces.

"Poor souls." Kingston said with a small shake of his head. He hoisted his bag further on his shoulder and sighed. "I gotta go. Early morning practice." With that said, he left his two friends standing there as he weaved his way through the crowds.