𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Kingston wasn't exactly sure what was happening. All he knew is that he didn't feel well. Not in the slightest. Yet, here he was, standing in the locker room, watching as Scott's eyes flashed from red to brown. It wasn't long after the alpha left the room that Malia was having the same sensation both other wolves were, her nails protruding and not going back.

"It's still happening." Mr. Yukimura commented as he examined over the older werewolf. His attention drifted over to Malia, who stood between the younger Stilinski and his daughter.

She shrugged and held up one of her hands, her black nails on display. "I can't make them go back."

King watched as the man's gaze turned to him and he, too, shrugged. "Don't look at me." He said, removing his sunglasses, showing his marbles eyes once more. "I've still got the glow sticks."

Ken sighed and shook his head. "Obviously the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human being."

"You guys have to stay out of sight," Stiles spoke up, earning all eyes on him. "We have to quarantine you from the quarantine." He paused for a moment, pointing to his younger brother without looking at him. "And please put the glasses back on; your eyes are kind of giving me a headache."

The boy smirked and put the dark shades back on just as Kira spoke up. "Where are they going to go? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon?"

"We shouldn't stay in here." Scott agreed. "Not in the locker room."

"And a classroom is not going to hold us." The werecoyote added on.

The youngest boy in the group furrowed his brows. "What about the basement?" He spoke up, causing everyone to look to him. "No windows."

"Too many ways out." The alpha shut the idea down quickly. "We need something secure; somewhere nobody can find us."

The room was silent for a while as the teenagers, and Mr. Yukimura, thought about where the supernatural creatures could be locked up. And it honestly scared King when his older boy spoke up quickly. "The vault."

Catching on to what he was saying, Scott nodded. "The Hale vault. The Hales always have an escape route, like their house. There has to be another way in."

☘︎︎

He wasn't really sure how they got them, but it wasn't even ten minutes later that Kingston and the other kids were leaned over a blueprint map of the high school. Stiles quickly pointed to something on the paper.

"This is where the high school sign is," He said. "So the vault's got to be right about..." He moved his hand a little ways away, yet inside the building. "Here."

All the while the group was talking, the younger Stilinski boy couldn't focus on their words, he felt hot, and nauseous. Despite the room being cold, he could feel the small beads of sweat forming along his hairline. He kept his eyes on the blueprints, any words now being passed between the group blocked out by the ringing in his ears.

"King." The voice came softly to his ears, sounding as though it was underwater, or calling through a wall. "King."

When everything finally cleared up, the boy lifted his gaze away from the paper on the table to the alpha across from him, who was looking at him with pure worry.

"Are you alright?"

Slowly, the young beta nodded. "Y-yeah. I just feel...I don't know. Warm?"

Furrowing his brows, Stiles turned more to face his little brother. "Well, yeah. We know your shifting is going crazy, and your a natural heat box, so that's probably norma-" He stopped speaking as his hand came in contact with the boy's forehead, instinctively flinching away from the heat. "King, you're burning."

"It's a sign of the disease." The teacher of the group explained. "His inability to control his shifting is only allowing it to take an easier hold on him."

"Well, I'm sure..." Stiles trailed off as he suddenly lost his balance, stumbling back slightly. "Whoa."

Mr. Yukimura spoke again. "It's happening to you, too. You're getting sick." His eyes trailed over all of the kids, stopping on his daughter. "You all are."

"I don't feel sick." Kira said, shrugging her shoulders slightly as she looked innocently at her father.

""I think it's affecting you differently. Neurologically." He said, pulling out a piece of paper from his bag. "I found your test answers here in a pile with the others."

As the group looked down at the paper, Kingston took a deep breath and stepped back, leaning his back against the wall. He felt as though he was going to pass out, his body burning as he felt the tips of his fangs hit the inside of his bottom lip.

"Hey, hey. King." His alpha's voice hit his ears. Looking up, he saw the older boy standing before him, looking at the younger boy with worry in his eyes. "Deep breaths. Don't let it control you."

Not able to help himself, the sophomore boy let out a low snarl, baring his teeth at the other werewolf. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Stiles take a step back in slight fear. This seemed to bring back his sensibility, causing his eyes to widen slightly at is actions.

"I...I don't know what came over me." The boy stammered out.

"You don't have control yet." Scott explained. "It's going to affect you in a more..aggressive way."

The older brother of the young werewolf sighed from his place towards the back of the group. "Well, that's reassuring."