𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

When Kingston walked through the halls the next morning, weaving in and out of the passing students, something didn't feel right. Something felt...off. But he couldn't quite place the feeling. Maybe it was just the worry with the whole Deadpool situation.

Spotting Scott by his locker, the younger boy thought of what happened last night. He decided to try and talk to the tan boy about it. Making his way over, he leaned against the locker next to the boy.

The alpha looked over as he saw the figure out of the corner of his eye. "King? What's up?" He asked, seeing the distressed look on his face.

"Uh, I've been trying to get a moment to talk to you." The brunette spoke up. "With everything going on, you haven't really had the time. But...I don't know what's going on, Scott."

The older boy perked up at his tone, shutting his locker and turning his full attention to his beta. "What's going on?"

"Last night, something happened and my-" King trailed off as he saw Mason leaving one of the classrooms. Only Mason. The boy furrowed his brows as he watched the colored boy scan the hallways with a worried face.

Scott followed his gaze and, seeing the same thing, gained a look of confusion. "Isn't Liam in that class with Mason?"

Without a word, the Stilinski left the older boy and made his way over to the freshman boy. Before he could say anything, Mason spotted him and spoke. "Hey, have either of you seen Liam? He disappeared on our run earlier and he wasn't in English."

"What do you mean he disappeared?" King asked frantically. The thought of Garrett still being on the loose caused fear to rise in the sixteen year old as he turned with wide eyes to his alpha.

"Come on." Scott said, walking down the hall with the two younger boys following close behind him. Both boys shared a look as they approached coach's office, soft coughing and snickering coming from inside the room. "Hey, Coach? Have you seen Liam today?"

The man, who had just taken a drink of some sort of liquid, sighed softly. "Sorry, guys. Liam skipped my class. Maybe he's sick...like me." Finstock said solemnly.

Mason turned to look at Scott, confused. "Liam didn't look sick on our run."

"Yeah," King added in. "And he seemed fine last night when I dropped him off."

The older boy looked up from his phone. "He's not getting back to any of my texts."

"Me, either." The younger two said in sync. At any other time, they would have laughed about it, but they were too worried about their friend to care.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll find him." Scott said confidently. "But text me if you see him."

"All right." Mason said with a nod before he parted from the two werewolves, who headed down the opposite hallway.

"It just doesn't make sense." King said with a small shake of his head. "How does he just disappear? It...it doesn't feel right, Scott."

Before the alpha could replay, his phone started buzzing in his pocket. Pulling it out, both boys saw as Liam's name flashed on the screen. The younger boy's heart started beating faster as Scott answered the call, hesitantly holding it to his ear, tuning into the call.

"Liam...?" The tan boy said, though his voice held skepticism.

The voice that came through the other end was one that made King's blood run cold. "Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Scott..." Garrett said cockily.

The older boy took a glance around the hallway before grabbing his beta's arm and leading him down an empty hallway. "Where is he?"

"Come on, like I'm actually gonna tell you that."