𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

The boy's alarm started blaring in his ear way before he would have liked. Waking up this early on a Saturday was the last thing Kingston wanted to do. But having to go to school was a very close second.

Due to his disappearance during American studies yesterday, and his teacher being an absolute asshole, the younger Stilinski boy had to go in for a Saturday detention. The boy sighed and he pushed himself off his bed. If he didn't hate Mr. Maylor before, he did now.

After quickly getting ready, not bothering to comb through his curly hair, the boy made his way down the stairs, seeing his father and brother sat at the kitchen island. The smell of coffee hit his nose and he let out a content sigh, causing both of them to turn and look at him.

"Coffee is exactly what I need right now." He said sluggishly as he grabbed a mug from the cupboard, pouring himself some as his older brother gave him a confused look, causing King to give him the exact same one. "What?"

"What are you doing up this early?" Stiles asked, taking another bite of his cereal.

"I have Saturday detention." The younger brother said with a shrug as he brought the mug to his lips. The spastic boy still looked confused. "I skipped Maylor's class yesterday and him being the di-" King cut himself off as he saw his father's disapproving look. "The jerk he is...gave me a detention."

"But on Saturday?"

"I'm telling you, he's evil." He said with raised brows, taking another sip of his coffee.

Stiles just shrugged it off, standing up from his stool. "Well, I have the PSAT's today." He told his brother as he brought his bowl to the sink. "I can give you a ride, if you want."

King gave him a small smile and nodded, finishing his drink and setting the mug back in the counter. "Yeah, sure."

"Alright, but before we go you might want to fix that bed head of yours." He joked, ruffling his brother's hair, causing both boys to laugh and their father to watch the two fondly.

☘︎︎

The two boys pulled up to the school just before eight, seeing only a select few cars in the parking lot. King hopped out of the car and bid farewell to his brother as he walked up the stairs towards his American studies classroom. His footfalls echoed across the polished floors as he walked down the halls, his bag slung loosely over his shoulder as he clutched it with one hand.

He finally got to the classroom, seeing the door cracked open and the light on inside. Taking a short breath, the boy pushed open the door and entered the room. His eyes wandered over to where he saw the teacher in question, hunched over on his desk.

King sighed and set his bag down on a desk near the back of the room. "Good morning, sir." He droned on, his tiredness outweighing his sarcastic side. When the man didn't answer, he looked up and saw that the teacher hadn't loved an inch. "Mr. Maylor?"

His feet slowly started carrying him towards the desk where he sat, his brows furrowed as he studied the scene around him. He didn't smell blood or anything, but the man was unresponsive and he wasn't sure why. As he got closer, he poked the man in the shoulder.

"Mr. Maylor?"

The boy's eyes drifted down to the teacher's arms, which were extended out onto the desk. His eyes widened as he saw his limbs were bright red, with what seemed like bumps and blisters coating his skin. He has never seen anything like it, but whatever it was, it didn't look good.

Wasting no time, King turned and grabbed his bag before dashing out of the room, making his way back downstairs. His feet carried him quickly down the steps, the brunette skipping the last few at the bottom. He stopped in the middle of the hallway, looking both ways just in time to catch Lydia's mother sneaking out of Coach Finstock's office.

"Ms. Martin!" He called, causing the woman to look at him, startled. The boy rushed up to her, seeing the panicked look on her face and smelling her anxiety; it was a pretty foul smell. "I was in detention and...and Mr. Maylor had these...these rashes." The sophomore stammered out.

His words caused the woman's eyes to widen slightly but, before anything else could be said, she heard the hallway doors open from the outside. She wasted no time in darting down the hall, yelling at the group of four boys to get back outside. Even from where he stood, Kingston could hear the lock click, sealing the doors. The sound made the wolf's ears to ring softly, causing him to wince slightly but the sound soon faded away.

The hall had filled with the twenty or so kids from PSAT testing classroom. Everyone had heard the woman shouting as she bolted down the hallway; all eyes were on her.

"Back to your seats." Ms. Martin said calmly, though any werewolf would be able to hear her racing heart. "Now. Please." She turned towards the younger boy still standing by the stairs. "Kingston, you go with them."

The boy nodded and jogged to his brother's side, the older of the two patting King on his shoulder before guiding him into the classroom. Everyone shuffled around, sitting in small groups an whispering quietly. Stiles led his little brother towards Malia and Kira, who had already sat down.

The sophomore looked over and saw Scott's head tilted slightly, listening to something outside the door. This sparked the young boy's curiosity and he focused, trying to find out what the alpha was listening to.

"I need the number of the CDC." He could hear Ms. Martin say into her phone. "Yes, the Center for Disease Control..."