The Marine

Last chapter for the day!!!! This one is for @Undiscovered_Cookie you are a real loyal reader. Thank you😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️

Beyoncé

   This is the best news I've had in a while. I get to go home for good. After 8 years as a Marine I am finally free. They still want us to see a shrink to make sure we are stable after all the things we've seen. I just can't wait to hold my baby girl in my arms. She is 19 months and so freaking cute. The last time I seen her in person was the day af... was the week after she was born.

   Her mother Asya was my best friend and my everything. We first got together when I was 15 and she was 17. We got married when I turned 17 because I was getting deployed soon. At 25, she got pregnant with my baby girl Alyssa. I was over the moon. Even though I was 23 and clueless as to how to raise a child I had to learn quick.

   She went into labor when I was in Fort Jackson. They chartered me a plane to get me home as fast as possible. I was ready to see and hold my little girl not knowing that from this moment on my life will forever change. After 27 long hours Asya was finally ready to push. After 26 minutes of her crushing my hand and screaming Alyssa popped out, but with no sound and she was blue.

  All I kept asking is what's wrong with my baby girl. Next, Asya started to crash and seize. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. There were doctors everywhere trying to revive my family. The whole room was moving slowly and after 20 mins, even though it felt like hours, I finally heard the cries of my baby girl.

   I walked over to her and she was slowly but surely regaining her color. She was a mixture between the two of us. She looked more like Asya but has a few of my features including the mole on the left side of her face. As I was mesmerized by my angel I heard the worst thing in the background.

   "Call it Doctor." "Expired 3:43am." I can't get that part out my head. Expired. Like she was some kind of food that was bought. I ran to her side and she was cold to the touch. This was not how it was suppose to be. She was suppose to make it and be happy about the child we created. Instead she's laying here lifeless after giving life.

    I called my mother and just cried. She came to the hospital because I told her I couldn't look at Alyssa right now. I know it was wrong and selfish but part of me blamed her and part of me blamed myself. I called my Lieutenant to let him know what was going on. He extended my leave for a week. For three days I wouldn't hold Alyssa or look at her. I was mad because she was here but my wife wasn't.

    The night of my third day I had the most amazing but heartbreaking dream. My wife came and laid beside me. She told me to let the grudge I had against Alyssa go because she's gonna need me now more than ever. She helped me see that even though I lost my wife Alyssa lost a mother she never got to meet. I jumped up feeling for Asya only to see it was a dream but it felt so real.

    As I was sitting in bed trying to decipher my feelings I heard Alyssa cry again. She's been crying non stop for three days. I finally got up to go see what was wrong. My mother picked her up and she was still crying loud. I walked over to my mom and picked up my daughter for the first time. She settled into my arms and for the first time in three days she was quiet and content.

      The day after the funeral I had to return to base. It was hard leaving my family behind again but I was thankful for the distraction. Now it has been 19 long months and I am ready to return home to see my family and hold my baby girl. When I landed I didn't see anyone so I just sat down until someone got there. After about 10 mins I heard...

"Beyoncé!" I looked up to see my best friend Kelly. She ran over to me hugging me so tight I couldn't breathe.

"Can't breathe Kelendria." I manage to get out. She let me go fast but was still hugging me.