A Family? (Part I)

Onika

    After Beyoncé dropped me off I just sat there waiting for her to return. I can't believe how today events played out. I was on cloud nine after winning the election. All of that was destroyed by going to the mall. Something inside of me said it was a bad idea. I feel like Beyoncé used me as bait but I don't think so because she wouldn't put me in the line of fire like that. As I was sitting with my thoughts Alyssa ran in the house.

"Oni!" She screamed running to me. At first she was calling me Nika but after hearing Beyoncé call me Oni all the time she started calling me that.

"Hey baby, where is Jay?"

"Outtide. Yeave now?" She asked looking just like BB.

"Not yet princess. We have to wait for Dada. Your birthday is coming up. Are you ready?" I asked. She will be 2 in two weeks.

"Yes! I two!" She exclaimed holding up two fingers.

"I know. You're gonna be a big girl. Go finish playing while I talk to your Nana."

"Otay Oni. I wuv wu." She said kissing my cheek.

"I love you too princess." I smiled putting her down. "Now if only I could get your Dada to say the same thing." I thought to myself. Our mothers walked in the living room with big cheesy grins. "What?"

"First off congratulations on being Governor." My mother said.

"Secondly, how long have you and Giselle been together?" Mama Tina asked.

"Thank you Mama and we aren't together."

"That's bullshit. I see the way y'all look at each other." My mother said.

"And I saw y'all kiss. The chemistry is there so don't play us." Mama Tina said. "Just tell us when is the wedding." She laughed.

"That's a good one Tina." They laughed and was seriously waiting on an answer.

"I'm scared." I said very lowly while looking down. They sat down and stopped laughing.

"What are you scared of? I know it's not of my daughter."

"I'm scared she'll reject me because it will interfere with her job. Or that she was only being nice cause I'm what you call vulnerable." I didn't wanna reveal my thoughts to our mothers but who better to help then the people who birth us.

"Tanya look at me." I looked into my mother's eyes. "Don't do that to yourself. Tina and I both can see the love you two have for each other. Trust that it is there and go for it."

"Sweetie trust me when I say, Beyoncé is not a mushy person to no one but Alyssa and Jayden. If I was you I would be lucky. The look in her eyes is a look I haven't seen since Asya or when she looks at Alyssa." They wiped my eyes and gave me a lot to think about.

"I'll think about it."

"Alyssa birthday will be the test of faith for you." Mama Tina warned.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"It's also the day Asya died."

"Oh my god I forgot about that! No wonder she's been so quiet about it. I'm an idiot because I've been ranting and raving about it." I said feeling like a dumb ass.

"Mommy!" Jay ran in.

"Hey Superman. What's up?"

"No BB?" He asked looking like he wanted to cry. It's like she's the only one they want. I'm a little jealous cause he ask for her more than me.