Election Day (Part I)

Onika

  It has been three months since the shooting. Beyoncé is still looking for the person. I get a note from them every week. I started staying with Beyoncé per her request until all of this is over. We actually have become great friends through all of this. Her daughter's birthday is in two weeks and the election is today. I can't believe that the moment of truth is here. So far I'm doing great in the polls.

When Beyoncé asked me who I thought would want to hurt me I told her no one. After about a few days I started to think that this could be Marissa but she's not even in the US. I don't know who else it could be because I don't really have that many friends. Come to think of it I only have one friend and that's Ashley. I was walking around the house when I saw someone looking through the window of my house. I could see it is a guy and he's pretty tall. I pulled out my phone and called Beyoncé.

"What's up baby girl?" She answered.

"S-Somebody is looking in my window?" I said stuttering a little.

"Which window?" She asked. It sounds like she's on the move.

"They are at the kitchen window right now."

"Can they see you from where you're standing?" She asked.

"No I'm in your house right now. They are in all black with a ball cap on and they seem to be pretty tall because they can look into the window without getting on anything." I said trying to give as many details as possible.

"Good job love. Now can you see what ethnicity or anything?"

"They are a little lighter than me with a short haircut. They are moving to the front window now." I said still looking at them. When he lifted his arm I could see the gun tucked in his pants.

"He has a gun tucked in his pants on the left side." I could hear her giving order and out of no where I could see him getting tackled to the ground. When I looked harder I saw it was Beyoncé tackling him. She hung up the phone and dragged the guy to the car.

      She just so rough when she is arresting people. I wonder if she's that rough in the bed room. I would love for her to... What am I saying? We are friends only and I'm technically her boss. We told each other about our past and she told me about her wife who died giving birth. I asked what donor service they used for Alyssa because they matched their features perfectly. She told me that Alyssa was born through immaculate conception. She really won't tell me who they used. I snapped out my thoughts when I heard her call my name.

"Onika?" She said walking through the door.

"In the kitchen." I answered. She walked in with much speed behind her.

"Are you ok? Did he see you? Are you hurt?" She asked quickly turning me all which of ways checking for bruises.

"I'm fine love calm down. I was walking in the living room when I saw him at my window. I was just about to go over there to grab some things."

"What did I tell you about going over there without me?" She asked all daddyish.

"But it's my house!" I whined and pouted. "I'm bored just sitting here BB!" I yelled and stomped.

"Aww the baby just wants some air huh?" She teased smirking at me. She picked me up and walked me to the car. From the outside looking in you would think we were dating.

"Where we going daddy?" I asked knowing she gets mad when I call her that.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that? You not ready for this over here. It can fuck your life up." She said smirking then flipping my nipple.

"Stoooop! You get on my nerves. Why you always doing that?" I said holding my nipple trying to control my hormones. I'm not gonna lie but I'm horny as fuck right now. Her smell and presence doesn't help the matter.

"When you start listening to me I'll listen to you. Now you have to get to the office."

"I thought we was going somewhere exciting or something. I feel like I'm in prison and I didn't do anything wrong." I said tearing up. I don't like this at all.

"Let's make a deal. If you do everything you are suppose to do today with no extra then I will take you to the mall." She said parking the car.

"Ok. Was that the dude that's been trying to kill me?" I asked a little skeptical. She looked at me with sorrow and anger in her eyes.

"No princess I'm sorry. He sent the first letters but he's not the one who tried to kill you." She said holding my face.

"I know I shouldn't have ran for Governor. Maybe my mom was right." I said looking out the window so she didn't see me cry.

"Look at me beautiful." She held my face wiping my eyes. "I know that right now this seems hard but it will get better. I will not rest until I catch this guy. You are giving people like us a chance to see ourselves in power. Of course it's gonna be hardships getting there but we were raised on Crenshaw Blvd. Who's stronger than us." She said giving me a sincere smile.

I just stared into her beautiful honey eyes and out of no where I kissed her. What shocked me is when she kissed me back. She broke the kiss and looked at my smiling. She kissed my forehead and we exited the car. She wasn't awkward about it or anything which made me feel good. Maybe when all of this craziness is over, I might shoot my shot.

"Onika?!" Carmen yelled in my face.

"What?! And back up off of me." I asked looking at her irritated. She is really starting to irritate my soul. I need her husband to start dicking her down or something.

"Are you ok? Beyoncé told me what happened?"

"I'm fine. It's not like you really care." I stated rolling my eyes.

"Why would you say that? You are my family and I love you." She said actually looking shocked.

"You have a funny way of showing it. When I got shot at you came in there on a whole rant technically saying it was my fault I was getting shot at. How the hell I was suppose to know that comments that get made to me everyday would be turned into something more? When I got the letter that was threatening my life the first thing I did was give it to you." I was getting emotional because she's my favorite cousin and a person I look up to but that really hurt me.

"What if I would've got shot? Or died? Would you have said the same thing? You out of anybody should know how much I hang on to your every word. That hurt Carmen. It had really hurt me." I said wiping my face.

"I'm sorry Nicki I swear that was not my attention. I was scared to but I showed it with anger and that wasn't right. I started blaming me because I felt like I didn't warn you after seeing all the stuff on the internet. I knew how stuff goes and I do it for everyone but forgot to do it for my own blood. I apologize wholeheartedly because I was so in the wrong and shouldn't have did you that way." She said with tears streaming down her face. I hugged her like my life depended on it.

"It's wasn't your fault Boog." I said using the nickname I gave her as a kid.

"Ew don't call me that." She chuckled. "So have you and Beyoncé beat cheeks yet?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"What?! No we haven't we are just friends." I said looking at Beyoncé. She looked up at me and winked which made me blush.

"Cut the bullshit. First of all I just saw that and your cheeks are tomato red. Secondly the sexual tension y'all got for one another is unhealthy."

"Whatever let's see if I'm gonna be Governor." I said as I walked over to Beyoncé.

"Are we really that obvious?" I thought to myself.

(A/N: Are they really obvious? Did Onika become Governor? Will Beyoncé catch the gunman? Will he try again? Will Onika shoot her shot after this is over? Do Beyoncé really want her or is she being nice? Let me know what you think. Don't forget to Vote Vote Vote and Comment Plz.)